• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

How can i bind a jpeg and a bat file?Is it possible?

#2 fourohone

fourohone

elite

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Well, you're going to need to be a little more descriptive about what you're trying to do. That's kind of a vague question.

I'm assuming "put them in a zip file" isn't the answer you're looking for.

#3 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

Well, you're going to need to be a little more descriptive about what you're trying to do. That's kind of a vague question.

I'm assuming "put them in a zip file" isn't the answer you're looking for.

I was searching for a prank and i found here a bat file that will reboot the computer every a specified amount of time.So i thought to bind it with a jpeg file in order to be executed when the jpeg will be opened.

#4 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

You can use a File Binder, or use Microsoft's built in binder called "iexpress", to use this just go to Start > Run > and type iexpress.exe

It allows you to bind multiple things into one executable file

Like the person above me said, you didn't exactly explain your situation so well

Please provide more information if this didn't help you

EDIT: You replied before I posted, didn't see it

Again, using a file binder can do this

Edited by Trikk, 27 February 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#5 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

If i use the iexpress i will be able when i open the jpeg file to run the bat file without being noticed by the user?

#6 DanielG

DanielG

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Just to make sure you understand that you will have to call the file something that is executable, like .exe, .bat, .vbs, .lnk. You cannot put a .bat file in a .jpg file and still have it called .jpg.

So you can bind it to an .exe file that will show a pic when double clicked but it will have to something like "funnypic.exe".

#7 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Just to make sure you understand that you will have to call the file something that is executable, like .exe, .bat, .vbs, .lnk. You cannot put a .bat file in a .jpg file and still have it called .jpg.

So you can bind it to an .exe file that will show a pic when double clicked but it will have to something like "funnypic.exe".

is there a way to hide the exe extension?

#8 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

If you created something like this and ran it on a virtual vmware machine for testing, could it get onto the host computer and mess with that?

#9 DanielG

DanielG

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

you can choose another one like, funnypic.scr or funnypic.lnk or funnypic.vbs or funnypic.pif, but not the non executable files like funnypic.bmp or funnypic.jpeg

Edited by DanielG, 27 February 2007 - 04:21 PM.

#10 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:21 PM

you can choose another one like, funnypic.exe or funnypic.lnk or funnypic.vbs or funnypic.bat, but not the non executable files like funnypic.bmp or funnypic.jpeg

I understand what you mean.So if i create a funnuypics.vbs,then when someone opens it ,it will show him the picture and on the background without him noticing, the bat file will run.Am i right?

#11 DanielG

DanielG

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

if your executable file does that yeah, for example one made in Iexpress with the options to hide and run the .bat and show the .jpg.

#12 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

Do you know if the result file of the binding of the two files will be blocked by hotmail or by antivirus?

#13 DanielG

DanielG

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

I think all executable files are automaticly blocked, even when in a .zip.
Plus Iexpress is sometimes 'detected' by AV.

#14 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

you can hide the extensions for known file types in windows, you have to go to the folder options tab and check the "hide extentions for known file types" box. but if youre planning on sending this file to someone then obviously you wont be able to change the settings on their computer.

#15 DanielG

DanielG

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

yeah if you have physical access, then you pretty much can do way more, you could change the .jpeg to act as the .exe in the registery

#16 Johnny_47

Johnny_47

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

I used Iexpress to bind a jpeg with a exe file,but when i open the binded file runs only the exe file and the jpeg file is not showed.Any ideas?

#17 neCo

neCo

duplicate account

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:43 AM

Why not just open the jpeg with the bat file?

#18 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

Why not just open the jpeg with the bat file?

i dont think he wants to open a jpeg, what he wants to do is have an executable file pose as a jpeg so he can send it to someone and trick them into running a script without them knowing it.

#19 Vangald

Vangald

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

I used Iexpress to bind a jpeg with a exe file,but when i open the binded file runs only the exe file and the jpeg file is not showed.Any ideas?

You will prolly want to add something to the bat that will open the jpeg.

Since for both to run there would have to be a file that acts as an executable and an image file and if you want the executable itself to work you will have to have the file have an executable extension. The extension pretty well determines how the file will act. So in this case it will not act like an image file. I hope that made sense I groggy and need sleep.

#20 MyNameIsURL

MyNameIsURL

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with this idea.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!