• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:33 PM

i'm going to get one of them ameritech laptops... there sweet as all hell too bad there in the frount of the van :(

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about, could you tell me what laptops you are refering to??

#42 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 09:25 AM

well i have moved since my last DD. so i went on a little UE the last few nights ( discuised as walks with my daughter ). to find that i have an office for Infograms Inc. with in throwing distance from my apt. I have to say last nights DD was by far the most exciting, both from what i found and that i all most got caught! well at the office complex there is two dumpsers in the back fenced in... i suppose to keep the dawgs out, well they didn't keep this one out. no locks or anything like that just some swinging doors and the dumpsters. the first one is the huge sliding side door one and the there is the other which is a normal run of the mill top loader with the lid. well i bust out my trusty flash light on the side door and its empty... (on a previous DD here i found empty mailing boxes that had video game names such as Xbox and Gamecube and names of games). then i move over to the other dumpster to find that a car is coming, and to my luck one of the doors is half way open so i quick grab the door and hold it shut. i swear that car took its dear ass time going by. so i waited till after the person in the car went inside before i continued. then i looked in the other dumpster to see a video game ( well i thought it was ). so i grab the bad and tear it open and i'm moving paper around to find this disk and i find...this email is confidential and private!!! cool here is the info that i found.
Debra Osborn COO/General Counsel
Webfoot Technologies, Inc.
850 North State Street
Suites 2-5
Lockport, Illinois 60441
Ph# 815-836-1224 x 214
Fax# 815-836-8790
Web addy www.webfootgames.com
and an anonymus FTP: addy ftp:webfootgames.com.

Then i wanted that game so i kept digging in the bag to find it.
well i looked at the disk today and its not a video game but an asset disk.
it has screen shots, game covers, and legal info on the game. if anyone wants that i will be putting it on the DDP Hub tonight after work.

P.S. about that Blockbuster info that i found earlier... well i lost the hard copy and didn't type the whole doc but i got the first page done before it was lost. so you can get that here

#43 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:51 PM

Dumpter diving is one of the last fun and legal ways to get free stuff.. congrats on your run, I just wish I could do it around here/had the transportation to get the big stuff.. then I would have a army of i386's lol

Some of the stuff i have gotten in the past ended up just being parts.. Im glad that you got a large amount of working stuff to hack around on, you may want to make up a list of info from tht book and post it for others to read as well.. The local CO shreds everything and doesnt throw out anything interesting, and this town is so deprived not much exists for the likes of me.. Congrats again.

#44 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:01 PM

I forgot to post that a few weeks ago I realized that there is an Electronics Boutique next to the pet store where I sometimes buy food for my cats. Of course, I had to look for the EB dumpster. And there it was, next to the pet store with "Electronics Boutique" spary painted on the front. Good thing too, cuz I'd hate to start going through the pet store garbage by mistake.......EEWWWWW!

Anyway, didn't find much except a strategy guide for Monkey Ball 2. I know there are some some MB2 fans here, so if ya want it, it's yours.

But the highlight was the homeless guy that strolled past me while I was rumaging through the garbage. He was pushing a shopping cart full of bottles and cans (presumably to get the desposits on them). He waved at me and yelled "How's it goin' there?". I nodded my head and waved back and said "Just fine!". It was truly a Kodak moment. B)

#45 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:08 PM

At least you knew you looked like you had a right to be there.. thats a plus and shows that you didnt look out of sorts for that quest.

Put the guide on ebay, make the buyer pay shipping - Easy money :D

#46 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 03:04 PM

cuz I'd hate to start going through the pet store garbage by mistake.......EEWWWWW!

i know excatlly what you mean... i have the Best Buy Corp office here and they had an in-house day care... so i stay away from that one!!! would be some good shit if i could get a hold of it!!! and not baby shit either :puke:

#47 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 05:11 PM

to get to good shit u gotta go thru baby shit, and thats some of the worst kind........

#48 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:56 PM

I've recently visited my local office depot dumpster, and found a really good supply of pens!!!lol
but I also found a multimeida card with scrabble on it for palm os. I checked it out online and its like 20-40 bucks Ka-Ching....
I also found the handset part of a siemens gigaset 4000, if anybody has any good ideas on what can be done with it.....

#49 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:45 PM

that handset looks like it has a lot of possibilities, some info if needed

#50 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:28 PM

I also got a manual in pdf format, I dont remember from where tho.....
I dont know what I could do with it tho....
if somebody has a 2.4 Ghz fone, could I for example pick up their conversation?? or could I just cut them off (altho I fail to see the point in this...)?

#51 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:54 AM

Any thing electronic thats legaly free like through DD has to have a use somewhere.. even if its not a use that is easly seen right then.. just hang on to what you find or trade it for what you can use, in the end its free so its not like you are giving something up you paid for.

#52 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:22 PM

i can't see why you wouldn't pick up other 2.4 ghz calls if you walked around with it for a while, but of what use that would be?...?

#53 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:53 PM

I also got a manual in pdf format, I dont remember from where tho.....
I dont know what I could do with it tho....
if somebody has a 2.4 Ghz fone, could I for example pick up their conversation?? or could I just cut them off (altho I fail to see the point in this...)?

i think screamer said something like that in a ep of hackermind... expect i think it was below 900 mhz for some reason i can't remember somthing about the number of channels and what not.

damn i need a memory or something.

#54 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:53 PM

yeah, it wouldnt have any use, it would be interesting tho, not to sound like a perv, but it would be cool to see what ppl are talkin about....

#55 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:16 PM

Well, After 3 unsuccesful dive runs, I hit the jackpot!! apparently the university here is upgradin shit and throwing out the old shit. I got my hands on 4 mobos, 2 hard drvs and one keyboard and one working 15" monitor. 3 of the mobos are socket 7's, althoug only 2 have cpus, none of them seem to work. bummer. One hdd is a western digital caviar 1170 170 megs of ram...and the other is a mammoth 760 meg maxtor harddrive with a 1985 date on it!!!! this thing is about 3 inches thick, it is also very very similar as to what i saw in the tech museum in san jose lst summer......the exact model number is XT-8760SH. I cant wait to crack it open....The fourth mono is a dual processor 486 machine, with only one processor in there (486 DX). It is ancient, as it only has ISA slots and it has oldass edo ram slots (too bad the mobo is broken as I have about 96 megs of edo...) Im gonna trade one of these mobos to a guy at school, who says hes gonna give me a working mobo, but he needs a socket 7 and that one isn't, he forgot to mention what it was. Anyway, they're not gonna work, cuz they're broken, but he doesnt need to know that. I already told him I got the out of the trash and that its his own risk....anyway, dumpster divings fun!!!

#56 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:25 PM

trading free stuff from trash for new, useful stuff = :voteyes:

#57 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 01:01 AM

Dumpster diving and ebay... conspiracy..... think about it.

#58 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:25 PM

a lot of stuff is dived on ebay...all those old ass computers that have no warranty and that the seller hasn't had "time" to "test".....BULLSHIT, they know it's not gonna work, and that if they get 15 bucks off of it its a profit. Now, the things that are really scary are the laptops. Being the most stolen personal item in San Francisco (prolly other places too) there are a shitload of stolen lappys on ebay. I found a couple that said they couldnt get on the harddrive because it has a password and thats how they "got" it......BULLSHIT, you know thats a stolen one. And the ones that have no hard drive, thats just so they cannot be traced back to the original user, even if its formatted, there might still be parts of the original users files right....so in the case of an investigation, the laptop cant be traced back like that, since the buyer (who is always helpless against these things) installed a new hard drive.....think about it.....

#59 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:29 PM

after being teased so many times by the infogrames dumpster its has finally given in and i scored big time... i found so much stuff on todays dive. the first of my finds was a 2gb Jaz Drive Disk so if any one has a jaz drive i'll gladly send it off to you. next i found all kinds of "enter the matrix" art and box stuff... then i found a "enter the matrix' art asset disk. then i found a box with all kinds of video games in it... well they were the boxes for the games but some of the boxes had games. i got monoply and this "the watchsomething or other" can't remember the name. then a bigger find.... i found two possible game cube games... then have game cube printed on it and then the name of the game written also they are for preview only *yep thats what i'll use them for*... i couple more art asset disks.

so all in all after all the video card boxes and mother board boxes and phone boxes its finally paid off!! :D

#60 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:18 PM

Its hard for me to go dumpster diving at my local telco... simply becaus, no car, 12 count them 12 cameras around the fucking building including 3 or so on the trash, down the block from my local police office (fuck it all to hell) and its atleast 2 and a half for 3 miles from my house, i wonder why so much worry about trash, :), well what i was thinking was when the trash man comes to take the trash, find a car and tail him to the dump or so findout where he dumps it sneak in sometime at night or so or just act like your droping off shiza and load as much as you can inside, oh yeas for all of you who have heard about the manholes with the bell logo on them (supost to have stuff in them that are very usefull) well i went into about 3 or so and everytime nothing interesting more just a few huge bugs ive never seen before and an ugly picture of my mother, this sux, but i can still resort to taking apart payfones without worry (in the back of bussines buildings with no road by it) ... sorry for my bad spelling and or grammor, after all im half awake and very hung over from lastnight (went to peabodies to a show and i brout rum and coke and occupied the bathroom with rach for about a half an hour or 45 mins)

spaz :grr:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!