• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 01:02 AM

I added a quick, ugly page that can be used as a link, or tag, or mark to show/send to people that you have hacked. Just slip it at the bottom of a defaced page, or whatever.

I will make it kooler later. I kinda needed it now though. ;)

http://www.stankdawg...misc/0wned.html

I will make a much better one in the future.

#2 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 05:27 AM

Cool page, next time it would be better to use absolute links back to your graphics though :)

Had a go myself: http://www.rootsecur...wned_by_ddp.htm

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 10:16 AM

well, I didn't mean for it to be placed on another site, I meant for a link to it to be "snuck" on to another site! however you deface the other site or whatever you do, is your decision. Just a link at the bottom that says something to the effect of "you got fukked by DDP" that links to the 0wned page. :)

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 11:52 PM

BTW Nick, yours was much cleaner than mine, so I stole it and replaced mine. :paw:

#5 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• 321 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 12:21 AM

stank, for the sake of brevity, could you put that in the root directiory? and perhaps make is just owned.html, so ....

http://www.stankdawg.com/owned.html ??

Its just so if you gotta do it in a hurry, it will be easier to remember.

#6 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:48 AM

Dont take offense to this but I have found from personal experience that web defacement however artistic it may be is still shown to be no better than me picking the lock to the train yard.. and spraypainting your train. Yeah I know there is many way this can be argued even for me but it took me 2 years of doing it to figure it out. Defacement is just another hinder to our social barrier between the truth about hackers and what the media describes them as. If you feel you need to warn the owner to such an extent.. leave it ot them in code.. after all.. the source code tells many stories. :blink:

#7 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:22 PM

right. keep in mine this is a LINK placed at the bottom of a page. This is NOT a replacement/defacement for a page. Similar to leaving a comment, you simply leave THIS LINK in the comments, or tucked away in the bottom corner of a page. If/When they follow the link to my site, they get this.

I am not saying to deface a page and replace it with this.

#8 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 05:10 PM

But adding a link to someone elses page is still defacement no matter how small a change you make.

Therefore you are promoting web defacement

:wacko:

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:05 PM

yes, I am in certain instances. I have no problem putting this link on the bottom of some spammers site. I have no problem putting this on a sponsored wargames site. Sites that issues challenges of exactly this sort of thing. Many potential uses.

You can draw your own lines, of course. Some may take it further than that, some may think that my lines are too far. It is available if you want it. If not, don't use it.

*shrug* whatever.

#10 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:51 AM

After thinking about this and discussing it with some other DDP members, I think that there is a valid point made by zerodata. I really only thought of it as a prank, but it could be used for much more.

I don't like the idea of taking it away because of something that people "might" do with it, but I think it is the best decision for right now. DDP is not about web defacement and I don't want that reputation. Since it could be accessed by non-DDP members, it poses a threat to our reputation.

I am hereby taking down the link. Thanks for your input, I take every comment seriously.

#11 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 03:29 AM

I think it is probably the wisest course Stankdawg

If anyone needs to make a statement on a wargames server etc I am sure they can create something to put on with a link to DDP :D

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!