22 replies to this topic

#21 xantr3x

xantr3x

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

Wellll,
Python = [codebox]print "Hello world"[/codebox] Can't get much easier.

Edited by xantr3x, 03 February 2007 - 01:01 PM.

#22 Octal

Octal

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

Wellll,
Python =

print "Hello world"
Can't get much easier.

HTML, BBCODE(is that a real language?), and such are a bit easier then that. But they aren't real languages.

#23 subversus

subversus

mad 1337

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:32 AM

C or C++ are really the best options for a beginner.

Java requires you to immediately start off making a Class. Beginner programmers do not actually know what a Class is, or what it is actually used for. Actually, Java has a lot of stuff that's implemented very quickly that beginner programmers will not understand. Beginners will not really understand what System.out.println() means. In C and C++, creating classes is not necessary until you actually need them. But at the same time, C and C++ will introduce more professional program structure than Python and Perl might. Python and Perl are both minimalistic script programming languages. They are fantastic once you already know how to program, and already know what the interpreters for those languages are doing for you. When you start though, I think it's important to get a more in-depth feel of C language syntax. A start in C and C++ is more likely to infuse good programming habits than a start on Perl and Python. Java will simply confuse new programmers by utilizing things in ordinary code that beginner programmers do not understand. In my rather humble opinion, I think it is important that new programmers not be thrown code for which the basis is difficult to understand.

subversus

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!