Dr.Virus9

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

hello every body here

first happy new year :)

my question

What I need study from lessons to can I write simple backdoor for linux and for information this lessons below
I understand it very well because I study it in my university Cs101

(looping,if else,functions call,iostream library).

just this

now what I need to read to I can write very simple backdoor and anyone has some subjects or books display this please put the link here.

#2 R3c0n

R3c0n

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

This is def a NUBIE HQ thread.

P.S: you got alot to learn.

#3 UNDERTAKER

UNDERTAKER

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:41 PM

you delt with sockets before?
If not you can find simple TCP client to server applications to give you a basic idea-r.

python is good for this stuff.

#4 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

Hum... maybe you'd be interested in the code I'm working on. It is incomplete (but working at some point). Let me upload it somewhere so you can look at it and learn from it.

You'll need : Fluency in some programming language that supports socket programming.
Also, UNIX programming skills or Win32 programming skills are very helpful.

Okay, it's uploaded here: backdoor.tar.gz

I didn't include makefiles, so to compile the server simply do:

gcc -o server server.c parse. network.c

or if you are on Windows (there's some additional code for Win32):

gcc -o server server.c parse. network.c msg.c -DWIN32

and the client:

gcc -o client client.c parse.c network.c

And on Win32:

gcc -o client client.c parse.c network.c -DWIN32

That code is portable; it can be compiled on both UNIX and Windows platforms. The UNIX server is not "silent", however the Win32 version is. If you have some skills and you'd like to code on top of that I have no problem, we can concentrate efforts on the same code.

Usage is very simple and can be deduced by simply looking at the code. It is commented. So far it is using UDP sockets (unconnected), but I might consider using connected sockets in the future. Starting the client with no argument makes it automatically send commands to 127.0.01. You can give an IP as first argument and it'll target that one instead. You can use the command .attach <new_ip> to target new IPs, and send commands to multiple machines running the server.

If what you enter is not preceded by a dot ".", it will automatically be sent as-is to the system using system().
I however want to drop usage of system in order to use the exec() UNIX function family. That's why there is also a command .system that forces usage of system().

.kill will kill all targetted servers

.quit simply quits the client, and does not kill the targetted servers.

By the way, if you are looking for good references, I just received for christmas UNIX Network Programming. That's a socket programming book people on IRC suggested me. I haven't read a lot so far, but it looks very interesting and complete. Link here: http://www.unpbook.com/

A binrever (Linux, I think) suggested I take a look at this article on hackin9. However, that article must be bought... I never bothered to buy it as I still have a lot to learn before using the advanced techniques shown in the article.

Edited by Aghaster, 01 January 2007 - 09:19 PM.

#5 Zeph

Zeph

OMG, so close to "1337"!

• 1,319 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Nice work Aghaster.

#6 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

I know, this is in Nubie HQ and I'm not supposed to flame, but how about a little chuckle? Sorry, I just couldn't resist when I read this.

You have a long way to go. Understanding some of the basic concepts common to most programming languages is only the first step on a long, long road. As with any 101 course, it's bound to only scratch the surface. You're going to need a good handle on C (or C++, but a backdoor is a relatively simple program and C++ has no real big advantages), and I don't mean the kind you can get from tutorials. You're also going to need a solid understanding of TCP/IP and related APIs on Linux. You're also going to need be competent with the Linux environment itself. None of this is taught in any 101 class of any major.

I know it's easy in the beginning to learn how to do something and say you understand it, but really, you don't. Do you know how it's done? Do you understand how computers really work? Do you know how that code is being executed? Could you conceivably implement it yourself? Please don't say you "understand it very well" after just CS101, such an attitude will limit your progress. If you believe you already understand something, how willing will you be to give it serious study?

#7 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• 2,093 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

I know, this is in Nubie HQ and I'm not supposed to flame, but how about a little chuckle? Sorry, I just couldn't resist when I read this.

You have a long way to go. Understanding some of the basic concepts common to most programming languages is only the first step on a long, long road. As with any 101 course, it's bound to only scratch the surface. You're going to need a good handle on C (or C++, but a backdoor is a relatively simple program and C++ has no real big advantages), and I don't mean the kind you can get from tutorials. You're also going to need a solid understanding of TCP/IP and related APIs on Linux. You're also going to need be competent with the Linux environment itself. None of this is taught in any 101 class of any major.

I know it's easy in the beginning to learn how to do something and say you understand it, but really, you don't. Do you know how it's done? Do you understand how computers really work? Do you know how that code is being executed? Could you conceivably implement it yourself? Please don't say you "understand it very well" after just CS101, such an attitude will limit your progress. If you believe you already understand something, how willing will you be to give it serious study?

From experience, you are right on this point. People rapidly overestimate their capacities in the beginning. I used to know a friend of mine who thought he could write an HL2 mod, learning & mastering C++, the source engine, and 3D programming in a few months with nothing else but previous PHP programming skills. I wasn't dumb, I bet him 20$ he couldn't, and I got 20$ bucks easy. Oh well, he never paid, but that's another story...

#8 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

trojanfrance.com - offers source codes in a few languages to malicious code (FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, of course)

GL :P

#9 Dr.Virus9

Dr.Virus9

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

R3c0n:I am sorry I didn't see it I will do it next time.

UNDERTAKER: I didn't know about socket any thing

all just I know only I have wrote it and thank you for your advice to me.

Aghaster:realy you are great man thank you your post very useful for me I understood from your posts I

have to learn about socket before I think how to write backdoor I repeat my respect to you.

Ohm:after I read all your posts I understand very well :D

I have a long way to write backdoor and I was on mistake when I said I understand it very well because it

easy to say any thing but difficult to do

you right and I am sorry if my talk jitter you

because me newbie<<should be he said this from beginning :D :D

Trikk:thanx for your link I'll see it.

and now I'll download some articles and books about socket and TCPIP to read it.

bey

Edited by Dr.Virus9, 01 January 2007 - 11:38 PM.

#10 arewhyainn

arewhyainn

Cryin' Ryan

• Banned
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

You don't have to be a programmer to make a backdoor.

I remember my first backdoor. It was a VNC based, it used winrar and a self made batch file. it installed and set all the regtry values needed to make a connection. I had it on a CD, it autoran and everything. one of the really cool things I had it do is at the end of the batch file is run ipconfig so I could write down the IP address :) It was more for pranks.

you could do the same with ssh or even telnet.

And with those new U3 thumbdrive you could have it write the ip to a file :)

It took me about a day to make it, when I was in the 7th-9th grade.

#11 lambda

lambda

mad 1337

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

You went through 3 grades in one day?

#12 arewhyainn

arewhyainn

Cryin' Ryan

• Banned
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

it was around that time period.

#13 xGERMx

xGERMx

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

Yes, 3 grades in one day; he's even giving Billy Madison a run for his money...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!