• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Paul0r

Paul0r

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:12 PM

Firstly i would like to apologise for registering and having my first post as asking for help. Being the owner of several large communties throughout the internet, i know how geh it is.
But i have come here as a last resort, and hopefully some of you can help me.

Iv recently come accross a community - powered by PHPBB 2.0.6 - the web masters arnt anything special, there wont be any other type of security except the standard PHPBB stuff. I want to either delete or overwright the SQL database of these forums, that, or just take the forums offline in anyway possible. The reason, for those who would like one, is personal. but i guess we can put it down to the people on the forums being ignorent fucks.

If you could supply me with maybe tutorials or links anything that can help me, im not asking for someone to do it for me, i wouldnt ask that of you, uv got better things to do i am sure.
So if anyone could help i would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

#2 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:20 PM

This is not a place for us to do your illegal activies; we are hackers not criminals and I for one take offence at the idea that they are one and the same.

Check the index of the site again and you will find that we are peaceloving and dont do things that break the law, being true hackers.

#ifndef NEWB_FORUM_SO_CAN_FLAME

What type of deficent fuckhead are you? it says RIGHT ON THE SITE that we are not into anything illegal, and yet your ask us anyway? cant you fucking read? I may be blind, but you seem utterly stupid; Its sad that as smart and experiance as you say you are, you still know less then a blind man.

Either way you fucked up and becuase this is in the Hacking forum and not the newbie forum I can say whatever I damn well please; So go fuck yourself, Im sure your mother misses you by now, your kind isnt wanted here.

#endif

So anyway I suggest you read the site again, thank you.

#3 Paul0r

Paul0r

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:25 PM

tbh you can tak to me how you please... i couldnt care, i was brought to the forums via a link in google. not to the web site, but thank you for the information and i will check the web site.

[ update ]
now that i have read and understood everything on the web site, my question still stands, can u supplym e with links to tutorials or anything that can help me exploit PHPBB 2.0.6?

12) Can you teach me to hack?

Yes. If you are willing to learn. There is no magic button, or trick to hacking. It is the gathering of knowledge over a period of time on a wide variety of subjects and the interactions between them. If you are willing to spend years learning, then we are willing to teach.

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 06:30 PM

Well, check out this thread and this thread and finally this thread.

Search the forums. You know, we get so many requests for this, maybe i should break down and write a general article. :paw:

PS: don't miss that key word "years"

#5 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:04 PM

tbh you can tak to me how you please... i couldnt care, i was brought to the forums via a link in google. not to the web site, but thank you for the information and i will check the web site.

[ update ]
now that i have read and understood everything on the web site, my question still stands, can u supplym e with links to tutorials or anything that can help me exploit PHPBB 2.0.6?

12) Can you teach me to hack?

Yes. If you are willing to learn. There is no magic button, or trick to hacking. It is the gathering of knowledge over a period of time on a wide variety of subjects and the interactions between them. If you are willing to spend years learning, then we are willing to teach.

The Question on that FAQ is 'can you teach me how to hack'...

Now heres the deal, hacking is many different things. Of course the general public believes that 'hacking' is equtable to criminal activity, but that is not the case. Hacking can mean many differnt things. To quote White Raven, if you put a book under one leg of your table to keep it from wobbling, you hacked the table. It is a very good example of what hacking is. What you want to do is a criminal activity, although it may contain certain elements of hacking, it is still criminal. I may not know everything about computers, but I do know about criminal activity. The first rule of criminal activity is to NEVER REVEAL YOUR PLANS TO ANYONE YOU DONT KNOW OR TRUST. You have broken that first rule. If I were you I would have posed that question a little differently. We don't want to know what you are planning to do, not do we care. You could have simply asked if anyone had any information on exploiting PHPBB. It would have been easier to type, and you would have avoided being flamed. Although I have no problems with criminal activity, that is NOT what this forum is about. This forum is about learning and sharing information. You want information ask for it. If you want us to think your cool because your going to delete the SQL on some assclowns site, then you came to the wrong place.

**keep in mind that my opinions are my own and may not reflect the general opinion here...but they probably do** :P

#6 Paul0r

Paul0r

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:19 PM

Thank you stank

decoder: i see what ur saying, and i have learnt a lesson today :)
the main reason i went into detail on the question was to get a better more productive answer than someone calling me a: deficent fuckhead

But no matter i have done it now :) the forums are gone. I thank you for your time

#7 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:27 PM

Try to get rid of the phonelosers forums next.

#8 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:34 AM

The general rule of a hacking forum is not to bluntly ask how to break into a system. Instead ask specific questions about something you can't figure out. For example asking something like "How does the PHPBB 2.0.6 forum store it's passwords? Is it in plain text or encrypted?" would get much better responses. If you are really serious about breaking into something you need to LEARN EVERYTHING you can about it. Get on the PHPBB project forums, read how it works, see what security flaws exist, and if there are any default settings that can make it less secure. Doing that will help you much more than a quest to find that magical page or program that will show you how to break in. In short you must figure it out yourself.

People on these kinds of boards are constantly bombarded with "teach me to hack hotmail" type questions so it is no surprise the askers get flamed out of existence. As was stated earlier we are not about just breaking the law. We like to explore and test the limits of technology. Sometimes this may fall into shady areas of the law but not because we are trying to cause damage.

#9 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:45 AM

You cought me at a tough time 'Paul0r', perhaps I was rude; However it is always best to read the rules and such for a website before posting on it, this lets you know how to get the most information and lets us know we are helping somone who wants to learn by showing us they are willing to take the time to ask correctly.

I get these type of questions every. single. day. and every once and a while I just *snap* and release a few remarks at the person; dont take it personaly its just how things are done when you set people off; I suggest however that you brush up on your question asking skills as they seem to be 'rusty'; Google for 'how to ask questions' and you should get some good resources.

#10 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:48 PM

Here is an excellent guide to posting on usenet groups that also applies to forums.
http://www.google.co...ting_style.html

#11 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:16 PM

Can someone here teach me how to hack? Thers this forum called 'the dawg house' that I want to fux0r up.

#12 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:22 PM

Get w1nnuk3!!! d0000dd!!!!

Anyways to the original poster, Die.

#13 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 09:42 PM

I have to say this just to satisfy my own means. If your going to waste your time defeating a service.. at least take the fucking time to learn what the god damn thing does. Ive seen tons of 'zero cool' wanna-be hollywood hackers all over the internet and the same thing is common in all of them. HELP ME BREAK IT.. Nothing more than a net vandal.. a thing I like to call... packet trash. If your going to do the deed... at least learn how the fucking thing works. I hope the cops bust your ass.. and if its up to me.. i would proudly help them find you. I take sides with hackers.. not vandal kiddies.

#14 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:15 PM

OK, I am going to move this thread to the nubie forum. NO more flames after this post/move. I think you guys got the point across. In the meantime, I hope he read the links I posted and saw the comments in them.

#15 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 04:06 PM

OK, I am going to move this thread to the nubie forum. NO more flames after this post/move. I think you guys got the point across.

Daddy no let us have fun *cry* :(

;)

Perhaps he will read these texts.. but in the end I think we just fed him the answer by providing a link to the expliot instead fo the sourcecode for the board itself, in all due respect.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!