• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:38 PM

ok, i am starting this thread because i want everyones opinion about RFA. I want to know what you think; what you like, what you hate, what you want to see changed etc. Nobody's going to think youre lame if you say "the show ruled before bland, but now it sux." We want to know how to make the show better, and we cant do it if you dont speak up ;)

Seriously, tell us what you think, and if you want to remain anonymous, grab an @yahoo and send all comments to bland_inquisitor@oldskoolphreak.com and/or dual@oldskoolphreak.com

#2 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:04 AM

You screwed the show up man!!! :D :P

I don't even know you're helping? Damn, I really gotta catch up on the episodes :o I'm pretty far back, but the show is funny, and I love the ranting, I learn something, and I agree, so it's nice to hear :)

#3 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:36 AM

the show is awesome!!! there is always something i bring out of the show wheather if it was a new linux distro or a kewl phone number to call and fuck with! news that you don't hear in the mainstream. updates on different alternative media! don't change a thing!!!

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

I like phone calls! Keep it phreaky! ;)

#5 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 812 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 01:48 PM

RFA is still great. At first Bland's southern accent made me cringe. Thanks to Bland i've gotten used to hearing southern accents more and they no longer drive me nuts, which is good since i'm going to Texas during the holidays for fun. ... and I hear that you're not supposed to mess with Texas B)

The more phone calls the better. Getting the listeners to all work together on a project was a great idea. If i remember right the concept of PWF was Bland's idea.

I look forward to RFA every week and like to contribute to the show whenever I can.

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:24 PM

i like:
long rants (especially when stank is on ;) )
phone calls
the hilarious moments

i really can't find anything wrong with the show right now, just keep the good work up,

actually i WOULD like to hear some "on the field" reporting, like in the first episode when dual went diving, that was sooo fucking sweet, we need more of that.

#7 fanatic

fanatic

Masturbation Addict

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:20 PM

The two biggies: phone calls and sexual references =D

It is even better when they are combined. I don't want to know what Dual was doing when that little girl picked up the phone last week. :huh:

#8 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:54 PM

RFA is still great. At first Bland's southern accent made me cringe. Thanks to Bland i've gotten used to hearing southern accents more and they no longer drive me nuts, which is good since i'm going to Texas during the holidays for fun. ... and I hear that you're not supposed to mess with Texas B)

The more phone calls the better. Getting the listeners to all work together on a project was a great idea. If i remember right the concept of PWF was Bland's idea.

I look forward to RFA every week and like to contribute to the show whenever I can.

i'll let you in on a little Texan secret...

In actuality it's "Dont fukk with Texas" we just put "mess" on the shirts so that oklahomos will buy them :lol:

#9 M_from_S

M_from_S

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:49 PM

I think RFA has both highs and lows, some episodes are stronger than others, but i listen to everyone and often find myself learning, agreeing, or interested in what is being discussed.

What i am unsure about is whether or not RFA would interest anyone outside the hacker community. And i don't even know if that is within RFA's goals. In RFA # 79 Dual and Stank talked about adding listeners. What type of listeners? Is having every "hacker" on the planet enough? Or do they want to convert others who don't even think that way? Honestly i think RFA lacks some...profesionalism, to have it appeal to someone who does not remotely think like a hacker. Now, i'm not complaing and i enjoy every episode, but i don't know how many people i could recommend it to and still feel comfortable. I just don't know if they are interested about technology, privacy and freedom as stongly and seriously as i do and i don't know if RFA is the way to sell them on those topics. Not that i'm against trying. To my fault, i have not ask my coworkers and friends with the exception of the 2600 crowd, if they would be interested in hearing a show about technology, privacy and freedom. Then that would involve burning copies of the show on CD since most would probably not listen via the internet. And i think that is one way people can increase listenership. I should spread the word myself and promote RFA among those not within the circle.

On the technical side, i support the phone calls and phreak information and the more guest hosts the better. I like the news because certainly the main stream media does not cover enought digital issues and i like the rants. At the very least you can count me in as a listener.

#10 vooduHAL

vooduHAL

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 415 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:08 AM

Guiness.
Brunettes with dark tans.

Oh wait, shit, wrong list. Seriously, I think you guys are doing a great job. The one thing I would like to see is more technical phreaking information. You have no idea how long it took me to figure out what in God's name an RBOC or a COCOT was. This is definetly because I'm not a phreak, I'm a programmer, but I do enjoy about learning about the different aspects of the telephone. I think what I'm talking about would be analogous to 2600 vs. Phrack. One is highly technical while the other is very rarely any where near as technical. Don't get me wrong, it would be painful listening to something like a Ben Stein lecture. Just my $2*10^(-50).

#11 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:39 AM

I love the show I just wish it was longer. Rant Radio seems like it would be very flexible with airing a longer show. More technical information and phone calls would rock. Maybe devote a segment to explaining a certain telco technology each week to mix in a bit more knowledge with the entertainment.

#12 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:28 AM

The show is awesome. One thing that would be really cool is interviews with various phreaks and g33ks. I know Captain B wants to be interviewed. and discussing various telco technologies would be cool. And Bland, why would anyone think that it sucks with you on?? :huh: That Texas accent is sexy. :P
Beers, steers and queers-Revolting Cocks heheheh

#13 M_from_S

M_from_S

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:36 PM

One other suggestion that i thought of today - i'd love to hear more about buidling boxes. Maybe part lists, tips, uses, etc. I think that would make RFA the ultimate in phreaking shows.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!