• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:23 PM

knoppix 3.3 IS OUT NOW!!! grab it before those patent wielding bastards close the site down.

#2 liht

liht

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:30 PM

I tried 3.3 on my desktop and even though it say my keyboard, and the mouse, the keyboard would not work. The usb seemed shot on it. I have one of those fancy MS natural ones with the built in USB ports, which my mouse is connected to. the mouse worked fine, but the keyboard would not. how odd.

But, knoppix is still great! I can never get my XF86Config file to work properly when i do it manually, so i boot up knoppix with the resolution strings, mount my linux install, copy it over, and voila, the install has a nice, perfectly working XF! that has been such a life saver!

i tired knoppix 3.3 and slackware 9.1 on my laptop, slack just runs faster on here. so im stickin with that.

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:06 PM

i tired knoppix 3.3 and slackware 9.1 on my laptop, slack just runs faster on here. so im stickin with that.

what now slackware haters?!?! IN YO FACE!!!

#4 liht

liht

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:19 PM

hah yeah, ive joined the slack following.

#5 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:05 PM

i just tried it (knoppix, not slackware) last night and i am not suprised to say IT PWNZ J00

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 02:20 PM

i just tried it (knoppix, not slackware) last night and i am not suprised to say IT PWNZ J00

yes, yes it does!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!