• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HackItThenWhackIt

HackItThenWhackIt

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:29 AM

A free-game I downloaded(beta-test), called Warrock, downloads the Punkbuster client with its game.
This would be great, except Punkbuster sucks my balls. It automatically kicks me out of everyserver, because
I have "insufficient O/S privileges". I dont cheat, I just want to be able to play the game. :cuss: Is there anyway to bypass PB?

To be more specific-
Punkbuster is kicking me out because of a Firewall that my administrator has setup, that blocks PB from acsessing whatever it is trying to acsess. I have inspected the PB folder, and it is full of files with inconspicuous names, and strange file types. I know that I am reallllyyyy sounding noobish, but the information learned here could help with other projects.

Edited by HackItThenWhackIt, 10 December 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#2 Panda

Panda

mad 1337

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

You just need to make sure you install the game with admin rights.. run pbweb and check the PB/evenbalance site for more info
I use PB alot with RTCW / ET :>

Edited by Panda, 10 December 2006 - 12:16 PM.

#3 HackItThenWhackIt

HackItThenWhackIt

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

The only problem is...I am limited to a restricted account only, and my administrator(please dont laugh) a.k.a. my dad wont trust me with Admin rights, or for that matter download anything that involves online multiplayer games. He feels the security risk is too great. Ive already found loopholes for installing these games, and ones that dont pry into data(aka PB) work fine. So is the only solution truly to just install it with admin rights?

#4 TheCheckt

TheCheckt

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:53 PM

The only problem is...I am limited to a restricted account only, and my administrator(please dont laugh) a.k.a. my dad wont trust me with Admin rights, or for that matter download anything that involves online multiplayer games. He feels the security risk is too great. Ive already found loopholes for installing these games, and ones that dont pry into data(aka PB) work fine. So is the only solution truly to just install it with admin rights?

Yeah basically. I mean let's say you did code some hack to bypass that PunkBuster would have it resolved probably within a few hours.

#5 Panda

Panda

mad 1337

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:12 PM

You'd have more chance giving yourself admin rights on your box than bypassing Punkbuster :P

#6 ghostshadow

ghostshadow

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:45 AM

You may just need to update the pb files, as silly as it sounds. I've had that problem on Soldier of fortune 2, You just need to update the client and server files for punkbuster.

#7 n3xg3n

n3xg3n

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:21 PM

Shoulder surf his password, or depending on how he's set it up, you might be able to get the password from an LSM dumper

#8 HackItThenWhackIt

HackItThenWhackIt

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

What exactly is an LSM Dumper?

#9 anubis26

anubis26

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:08 PM

Shoulder surf his password, or depending on how he's set it up, you might be able to get the password from an LSM dumper

Why take that risk?
Just use ophcrack ;)

#10 HackItThenWhackIt

HackItThenWhackIt

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

Ophcrack is a great program, but to get acsess to the actually useful hash's I need admin rights :roll: If anyone konws a website that could provide me with a nice hash that would be furnucking splendid.

#11 dalejrrocks

dalejrrocks

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

Ophcrack is a great program, but to get acsess to the actually useful hash's I need admin rights :roll: If anyone konws a website that could provide me with a nice hash that would be furnucking splendid.

Try using a live CD to get the hashes? Ophcrack has a live cd version for that matter..And you could also use Backtrack, BartPE, and many others as well.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!