• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sin_HD

Sin_HD

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:26 PM

I suppose this is the best place to start of any. I need to know the most basic, noobish, beginner things about hacking. I need to re-learn my ABC's and I hope someone can help me.

#2 miche'le

miche'le

elite

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

Do you know HTML? If not it is a good start.

#3 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

there are so many places to start. it really depends on what you wanna learn as far as "hacking" is concerned. hacking is a broad term. binrev is a great source of info. since youre new here i would recommend reading through all the past posts, and ask questions about what you dont understand. and try listening through the archived binrev radio episodes.

#4 B0rg

B0rg

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:01 PM

Find a point of interest! Don't just be like "oh, I wanna learn to hack and stuff". Find out some point of interest, a coding language, a software, an os, communications, net, etc and go from there. If you wanna learn about hacking, what makes you wanna learn that? What made you interested? Start from there. Explore that and then develop it.

Look for threads that raise your interest, listen to radio archives or look for articles that make you feel curious and then go learn about what you didn't understood on them.

If you're without inspiration on where to start go try some of the hacker challenges sites, see what you can do and what you can't and try to learn what you need to progress on them, maybe then something will get you interested.

It's hard to learn if you don't know what it is that you want to learn!

#5 DosPod

DosPod

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Corpus Christi, Texas (the sparkling city by the sea)

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

html is good for every pc owner to know ;] (basics anyways , you dont need to be mad expert web designer), at least a programming language ex: php (php is a scripting and has a syntax ;]), C+,java,python,etc..(there are loads of em just use the ones u like ). Some networking would be very helpful like tcp/ip the seven layers, basic ping,telnet,tracert,nmap ;]. But like everybody said its really what YOU want to do as a computer user that will define the path you must take.

#6 Ronfar

Ronfar

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

If you have the drive to learn it will all just start coming to you. It's amazing what you can learn just by reading a few books(Maybe a programming book or TCP/IP guide), reading the fourms religiously, listening to the binrev radio show, and most importantly experiment and tinker around.

#7 neCo

neCo

duplicate account

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:10 AM

I started with game hacking, and so far, it's been a good base knowledge for everything else I've done/started on. It basically REQUIRED me to learn a programming language, you get to do fun stuff in the game, and the knowledge can be applied in many other places.

#8 xGERMx

xGERMx

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

Are you currently using Linux? There are plenty of "hacking" live CDs out there as well, if you don't want to do a full install.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!