• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 12:48 AM

Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows the laws and regulations regarding making a antenna or repeater.. whichever to boost the distance and/or strength of a cellphone signal. Concept in mind is to make my service area just a little bit bigger. The signal will be my own.. not a all free to everyone repeater.. or in the case of an antenna ... just me signalling out.. kinda like those lil ones you put in your car but much more powerful?

#2 Angel

Angel

mad 1337

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 01:10 AM

Judging from their immediate availability with a quick Google search (http://www.google.co...Signal Booster") I would assume that they'd be as grey-market as Police Radar Jammers. *Shrug* I think that it would also depend on whether or not you were going very far into the air space above your house . . . I seem to recall hearing something about 20 feet being about the limit? Regardless, so long as there's no giant antennae bursting from the roof to block out the sun, it should be fine.

-@®©1-1@/\/GE1_

#3 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 03:16 AM

Well most likely I would just want to extend my service area.. hell if I can mount it in the back of my truck all sneaky like.. so it doesnt bug people... That would be fine with me.. Im open to oddball modifications.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!