• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wansy

Wansy

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

I have this WINXP machine at work that was a member of a domain. It let me remove it from the domain, no problem. But, my dumb ass forgot to add a local account, so I was locked out. I got into the machine and reset the local 'admin' account to a blank password ( I used that hack that uses RAWRITE, can't remember exactly what you call it, appeared to do the job though). Now, I go to login with that 'admin' account, and it gives me the generic can't login error message. Soooo, I go to safe mode with my regular user account ... and basically can't do anything ... can't even begin any hacks because I only have read rights on \winxp on down. Pleaaaaase, anyone have any suggestion ????????????

#2 Venom

Venom

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:16 AM

I have this WINXP machine at work that was a member of a domain. It let me remove it from the domain, no problem. But, my dumb ass forgot to add a local account, so I was locked out. I got into the machine and reset the local 'admin' account to a blank password ( I used that hack that uses RAWRITE, can't remember exactly what you call it, appeared to do the job though). Now, I go to login with that 'admin' account, and it gives me the generic can't login error message. Soooo, I go to safe mode with my regular user account ... and basically can't do anything ... can't even begin any hacks because I only have read rights on \winxp on down. Pleaaaaase, anyone have any suggestion ????????????

Read my Microsoft Word and VBSCRIPT tutorial (posted in NubieHQ). Once finished, the following code can be used for writing files:

Dim intFile As Integer
intFile = FreeFile
Open "filename.txt" For Write as #intFile
Write(strBlah, #intFile)

You can always google up more on file reading and writing with vbscript. And yes, there are a couple syntax errors in the above code. If you can't fix it with a few googles... I'm not going to hold your hand.
Also try googling for the windows API and other things you can call to disable local restrictions. Its all in the code, which is readily supplied for us online by M$.

HTH

#3 Seal

Seal

Not a fan of clubs.

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:16 PM

There are plugins for BartPE that'll let you create new admin accounts; overwrite account passwords; etc. I don't remember their names offhand, however. Irongeek has some good tutorials on making such BartPE disks. There are also tools that are bootable on floppies floating around that do the same task.

That should then let you go into safe mode with an account using admin priviledges.

#4 R3c0n

R3c0n

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:54 PM

Can you get into safe mode ? (Press F8 on startup constantly) If you are able to get into safemode, the system has a built in ADMINISTRATOR account that most people do not setup a password for....so once you get into safe mode, you can go into the control panel and add yourself as a user/admin.

Also, Hirens Boot CD has tons of password/account tools that will fix your problem quickly.

let us know if you need any more help

#5 scriptkiddy

scriptkiddy

H4x0r

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:28 AM

i am not sure if i can say in the general public but i like to use miniPE which i download from bittorrent sites. pop cd into the drive boot from the cd under the system tools there is program which can add new admin acc.

Edited by scriptkiddy, 18 November 2006 - 04:30 AM.

#6 anubis26

anubis26

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

You can always use ophcrack to recover the passwords.

#7 xGERMx

xGERMx

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

I highly recommend Ophcrack, I've had alot of luck with it and it is touted as "The fastest Windows XP Password Cracker".
Also, although I haven't tried it for myself, I've heard great things about UBCD4Win (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows).

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!