Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:45 PM

like numbers or area to find them...

#3 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:56 PM

pbx's are used in places that have to deal with many phone lines and what not eh? im sure you can find something in your local area with enough patience. there are some texts around that deal with pbx systems, a google might come up with something? and there are some used systems out there, i think phreakblaze linked up a site that had refurbished units available for sale. if you wanted to get into it you could buy one of your own B)

#4 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:07 PM

Thats a very general question, but I will say that you need a toll-free pbx. You can divert to it, call it from a payphone, all that good stuff. First thing you do is wait until after business hours, break out your local yellow pages, and start calling buisnesses 800 numbers. As far as accessing the dial-out feature, every PBX is different, so you just have to screw around with it once you find one. Not all PBX's have remote dial-out, and some are easier to break into than others. Just remember, telecommunications fraud is not a small thing...if you mess up, you WILL get busted. With long distance as cheap as it is today, most people use PBX's to make calls from a payphone or to hide their ANI from their destination number. A PBX that isn't on a toll free number is easier to find, but its only useful if it can call international. Then you can use a pre-paid phone card to call it, and then your call to Austrailia is the same rate. If you just want to call domestic, I strongly suggest something like an AT&T go phone. The cheapest plan is 20 bucks, there is no contract or credit check, and nights & weekends are FREE! ;)

#5 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:05 PM

hmm, AT&T go phone. I've been thinking of one of them.

#6 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• 2,020 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:54 PM

Yea... I might try to get some money for one, they are around $100 i think..? but hell, id just use it for night and weekends if that was free! can you say "conference!"

#7 GUEST_Possibly_y0ungbra1n_***

GUEST_Possibly_y0ungbra1n_***
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:17 PM

thanks guys, appreciate it. I guess what i was really saying is like what do i do once i find one... :roll:

#8 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 05:12 AM

Yea... I might try to get some money for one, they are around $100 i think..? but hell, id just use it for night and weekends if that was free! can you say "conference!"

Thats exactly what I thought, plus I can go and hear all those great numbers that keep getting posted!!!

EDIT: plus decoder, isn't getting a pbx to dial out something every phreak should do at some point anyway???

#9 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:27 PM

Saying that "every phreak should use a PBX at least once" is not necessarily what phreaking should be all about. I, myself, am more interested in exploring the telephone network. Of course, in my journey I am going to come across a PBX or an extender here and there. The main thing to keep in mind is that, back in the days (not so long ago), long distance calls were pretty expensive, so gaining unauthorized access to a PBX, or anything that you could use to make free calls, was almost a necessity. Today, a phone call across the country is usually no more expensive than a call across town. Maybe every phreak should use a blue box too, but almost no one in the US does. First it was the blue box, then it was extenders and PBX's...now it's getting a cell phone for $100 with no contract, paying $20 a month for free nights and weekends to call anywhere in the country and not getting thrown in jail...that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Perhaps "every phreak should use a PBX" to aquaint yourself with the system, and learn how it works, not to make free calls...unless you're at a payphone, then by all means, crack the code and fucking call China! (note: decoder does not endorse telecommunications fraud, but he does strongly suggest it :P )

#10 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:40 PM

Saying that "every phreak should use a PBX at least once" is not necessarily what phreaking should be all about. I, myself, am more interested in exploring the telephone network. Of course, in my journey I am going to come across a PBX or an extender here and there. The main thing to keep in mind is that, back in the days (not so long ago), long distance calls were pretty expensive, so gaining unauthorized access to a PBX, or anything that you could use to make free calls, was almost a necessity. Today, a phone call across the country is usually no more expensive than a call across town. Maybe every phreak should use a blue box too, but almost no one in the US does. First it was the blue box, then it was extenders and PBX's...now it's getting a cell phone for $100 with no contract, paying $20 a month for free nights and weekends to call anywhere in the country and not getting thrown in jail...that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Perhaps "every phreak should use a PBX" to aquaint yourself with the system, and learn how it works, not to make free calls...unless you're at a payphone, then by all means, crack the code and fucking call China! (note: decoder does not endorse telecommunications fraud, but he does strongly suggest it :P )

well, I'm not saying to get free calls, I'm just... well... like you said, we will all run across them eventualy, and why not???

#11 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 11:23 PM

"does not endorse it"

:lol:

not that i mean you've done anything like that in the past present or future, or are planning to do anything like that, or have told me anything about any such events. which quite truthfully you haven't so there we go. it's all legally solid. kinda like a brick, or rock.

#12 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:20 AM

In reference to PBX hacking:

..." I am not aware of the existence of any such activities, nor would I be at liberty
to discuss such an activity if it did, indeed, exist. "...

Now I'm safe!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!