• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KuroiShi

KuroiShi

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 02:25 AM

If you don't know what I'm talking about, refer to Dual's article for Outbreak #15 Entitled "The OSP Reference Model" (it's article number 02 in this zip: http://www.sugarpant...5/15-zipped.zip)

Anywho, Using this model for reference, I have a question... I have experiance and knowledge of layers 1,2, and 4... but I know nothing about accessing PBXs or VMBs. I've read that these can become very useful, PBXs can assist in Spoofing ANI or CID (I don't remember if it actually spoofs the ANI or just the caller ID) and Voice Mail Boxes can have a variety of phreak uses... If someone could post some info, or inks, or just point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

-KuroiShi

EDIT: BTW, mad props to dual on that awesome article.... very ingenius idea, I've adapted to using that with my phreaking friends.

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:58 AM

Nice. Yeah, I wrote that during one of those what-day-is-it?-been-up-too-long-and workin'-way-too-much stretches and I had this delirious, Zen understanding of phreaking. Thanks for the props.

There's some good VMB t-files on oldskoolphreak and Phreaks and Geeks. Just find a bunch of toll-free nos. for small to medium size businesses (diving, anyone?) and try the standard box:pw combos and you'll have all the vm you want. As for PBXs, I've never messed with one and my feeling is that phreaks hold 'em pretty close.

#3 Radio-Active Plankton

Radio-Active Plankton

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:49 PM

vmbs are great... yeah basicly what dual said...one of the best thing about vmbs is that with most you can call out of them

#4 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:05 PM

vmbs are great... yeah basicly what dual said...one of the best thing about vmbs is that with most you can call out of them

I thought it was only a few vmbs that you can dial out of, oh well.

#5 KuroiShi

KuroiShi

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 01:28 AM

I'm in one of duals forementioned delerious sleep-lacking patterns of thought...

:withstupid:

I was thinking "Hmm, where should I start scanning?" and I thought "Doctor's offices would be great! they have to have good sized VMB systems..."

Then again, I don't want some poor dying lady calling her Doc, and getting a message saying "I accept any third party billing"

....not that that's what I'd record.... :roll: :lol: :roll:

#6 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:22 AM

Finding a VMB with a dial-out feature isn't as easy as it used to be. I guess a lot of SysAdmins are finally getting wise, but if you scan enough 800 #'s, and get aquainted with all the various systems, you're bound to find a few with the ability to dial-out. The alternative is to gain access to the Admin box. There you can usually enable the dial-out feature, although sometimes this cannot be done remotely...I wonder why?? :roll:

#7 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 10:27 AM

...I wonder why?? :roll:

Me too. :lol: :lol: :D :roll:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!