• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:28 PM

OK, im gonna get a little ink done in a few months; and logan5 has agreed to do the design for me. Here's the design in a nutshell...

I am going to get the kanji for "student" inked on my left shoulder, and the kanja for "teacher" on my right. Here's where yall come in. There are like a zillion variations of the 2 words, and we have found the 2 most likely candidates for each. So i need someone to look at the 2 we have for each and tell me what the true generic kanji are. I dont really want any context kanji, just the single word for teacher, and the one for student.

thanks yall
kanji

#2 Angel

Angel

mad 1337

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:13 PM

The kanji for student looks pretty good to me ... "Gakusei" is how you'd say it, or phoenetically "Gawk-say".

The one you have for teacher looks like it's really the one for "Professor" ... I don't know whether or not that was your intention, but if you're looking for "Sensei" then that's not it. ^_^;;

That kanji is gonna' look very much like the one for student:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mostly because the last word, "Life", is the same.

So good luck, and be sure to post pix0rz when it's done ... ^_^

-@®©1-1@/\/GE1_

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:20 PM

i hope you're not gonna change your mind and stick em on yer ass...in that case i will GIVE you money not to post. :P :lol: ;)

#4 Pig Monkey

Pig Monkey

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:21 PM

As far as I'm concerned, kanji should burn in hell...but I'm pretty sure student is right (I have no clue about teacher).

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:10 PM

OK, im gonna get a little ink done in a few months; and logan5 has agreed to do the design for me.  Here's the design in a nutshell...

OK, well...I think this Public Service Announcement from our good friends at Red Vs Blue covers it pretty well...

http://webdev.o1.com..._PSA3_LoRes.mov

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: If you haven't watched every single episode of this show, you should be shot. I wait with anticipation every day hoping for a new episode. :voteyes:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!