• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 twisted rage

twisted rage

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:40 PM

i want to know how to hide your ip and not get traced, caught, or whatever u want to call it.
:help: u know, how to safely hack without telnet and everybody tacing u. i would appreciate help.........if u can....m AIM name
is samurai491 and yahoo is the same

#2 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

have you tried the tested and true tinfoil helmet? j/k i think a proxy might be what you're looking for. although im no expert, so you should probably confirm this with the mighty sage google before taking my word on the matter. ;)

#3 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:03 PM

Well, to hide you ip while web browsing, HTTP proxys are a dime a dozen, I can't help you on other types of proxys ;)

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:04 PM

you could use a proxy when on irc.

#5 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:20 PM

Muahahahahaha *cough* haha!

The best method for hiding your IP if you plan on doing some dastardly deeds is to first find a suitable wingate. A wingate, in this case, being any machine that allows you to telnet/ftp/ssh OUT to another machines. Free shells are nice, and if they allow these services you can register with bogus information and use that as a jumping off point for further exploration. Failing that, you could try finding an individual's home Linux machine (scanning dsl/cable networks etc) and gain access to that. Odds are, even if they did find out they wouldn't have the power to do anything about it...of course that involves getting in someone's PC, which is pretty immoral if ya ask me. Another great trick can be used on cable modem networks, all you need are some MAC addresses (and a NIC that will let you set the address yourself). Run ettercap to get a listing of every machine on your network, and write down a few MACs that you see. Next, wait until one of those addresses is offline and run the following:

#ifconfig eth0 hw ether <someone else's MAC here>

Hit enter, and with a little luck the DHCP server will authenticate you as that particular user, meaning you now have their IP. But this too is pretty rotten, considering it's a lot like beige boxing. Some innocent John Doe is going to pay the price for whatever you do.

For times when you want to scan with anonymity, try a tool called hping2, it's great for a number of different things and allows you to spoof IP addresses...but of course all replies will go to the spoofed address, meaning you won't see them.

/me ducks under his blackhat and runs off into the night

#6 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:42 PM

/me ducks under his blackhat and runs off into the night

/me too ducks under avatar and... WTF, its a damn sticker!!!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!