• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#101 Arachia

Arachia

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

I got a call from a telamarketer on my cell and put the number in google to start to figure out who they were, and this forum is the only place that came up with that number on all the search engines. I find that very interesting.

#102 Hippo

Hippo

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

irongeek referred me to this website

#103 Galvatron

Galvatron

Gibson Hacker

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

5th HOPE Hacker Radio presentation > Hackermedia > Binrev

same here

#104 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

I found Binrev when I wanted to bypass the stupid parental controls my parents put on my DirecTV receiver. I bookmarked the site because I thought it was cool that it was a "hacker" site (back then I didn't know what a hacker really was). I closed out of Binrev and did a google search for "bypass filter". An article about bypassing an internet filter popped up, which i found interesting. Soon I was watching youtube every day in my school thanks to a simple proxy. I thought it was the coolest thing that I was "smart enough" to get past the school's filter, and I became intrigued by all the holes and flaws found in technology. I remembered that I had bookmarked Binrev, so I decided to check it out, and from that point I decided that I wanted to learn HTML, Javascript, PHP, C++, Visual Basic, SQL , etc. I already had some programming experience from Game Maker (an outstanding program by the way), so learning was really easy for me. Hell, I've just begun learning. There are some really bright people on these forums and it really inspires me to a lot.

#105 emancipated_squirell

emancipated_squirell

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

saw the link at one of stank dawgs videos... good times

#106 emancipated_squirell

emancipated_squirell

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

i stumbled upon hacktv... then found my way here

Spoiler

#107 Binary-Hex

Binary-Hex

mad 1337

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

I found this site when I was trying to look for decent forums on Hacking, lol, good thing I found the site. It is a gr8 site!!

#108 vaco

vaco

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

It was the pretty green color that attracted me here :huh:

Nice site ;)

#109 slacker

slacker

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

I was just wondering, how did everyone find Binrev?

I was looking up some information for a project I was doing at school. and happened to stumble across binrev, i'm glad I found it, there's a lot of imformation being passed around here. thanks guys/gals.

I went to a rave, I passed out, and when I woke up, I was here :blink:

#110 Nathan

Nathan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:31 AM

About approximately three or four years ago, I started to listen to the achieve of interviews on the Dr. Dobbs site. After listening to almost all of the good interviews on Dr. Dobbs, I decided to see what other technology related audio content was out there on the net. I liked the audio content because it gave me a chance to learn about technology when I wasn't at my computer or able to read.

Some how I stumbled across the RFA site, and I think this was around the time that RFA was coming to a close. But from listening to RFA, I learned about the binrev show. I have been listening ever since. I think I found the show probably around episode 40. I was hooked once I started listening. I have been listening every week for the past few years. I look forward every week to hearing the new episodes of both binrev and tllts. The only disappointing thing is now the binrev shows are being broadcast inconsistently. I understand that Stank has things going on in his life that prevent him from always putting out a show. I do appreciate the hard work he has put into the show over the years.

#111 Remix

Remix

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

I found this site very recently I was watching a screencast: http://www.irongeek....agent-googlebot
and it mentioned binrev, so I googled it, and here I am.

#112 Binary-Hex

Binary-Hex

mad 1337

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

I found this site when I was trying to look for decent forums on Hacking, lol, good thing I found the site. It is a gr8 site!!

the actual specific site that i found it from was cybersnipers (http://www.cybersnipers.com/) great site with loads of links!

#113 skyline-gfx

skyline-gfx

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

i posted a rather shitty article on how to scam eBay on another forum; someone called me a little thief/anarchist and told me to come to binrev.

#114 tsudohnimh

tsudohnimh

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

meeting Droops and a recommendation from Phizone

#115 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

www.port7alliance.com

#116 cryo

cryo

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

i had never gone to the forums i suppose irongeek got me here... but after last phreaknic i have been on here more often ... meeting droops their was pretty sweet

#117 MrGreggie

MrGreggie

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

Found the site a long while ago on Google (I think I was searching for hacker radio) and bookmarked it. I didn't really explore the various DDP sites until recently (April) when I decided that my closed-source Microsoft fanboy mentality was stunting my growth as a hacker. :blush:

#118 Octal

Octal

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

www.port7alliance.com

I wonder if that site will ever come back...

#119 Yudi

Yudi

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:07 AM

long story...

The (customized) google homepage had a link to hackaday that had a link to leetupload.com that had a link to Irongeek that had a link to here.

Or something like that.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this place.

#120 pink sp4de

pink sp4de

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:42 AM

From wikiHow.

c:

Edited by pink sp4de, 30 June 2007 - 12:42 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!