- - - - -

Carstx

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_Curious N00b_***

GUEST_Curious N00b_***
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:50 PM

Hi, I recently started a new part-time job at a Relay Center for the Deaf...the computers use a version of a Sprint-proprietary OS called CARSTX (also a mention of an Omega Corporation on the initial login screen as the creator of the OS). After going through the general venues, I can't seem to find any info on the OS itself available on the net, and was wondering if anyone had any idea where I could possibly find some? I'd prefer not digging through the trash for information until I'm sure nothings available online *grin*. Thanks in advance!

-Anonymous N00b?!

#2 KuroiShi

KuroiShi

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:04 PM

Are you a relay operator? Chances are, that if you are, that i've messed with you :roll: I'm sorry I can't help you out with your question, but I have a question for you... How did you go about becoming a Relay Op, and how much does that job pay? I've thought about how that might be an interesting job.

-Kuroishi

#3 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:55 PM

Not sure myself, googled and found nothing.. But something I cant remember fully tells me it may be a real time operating system.

Try to learn more.. I for one would be interested in learning more.

#4 Et3rnal N00B

Et3rnal N00B

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:05 PM

Sorry, been a crazy week...so haven t checked this forum in a few days... anyhow, yeah a fair number of people screw with relay operators, but while it can be annoying, for the most part no one cares much... I've always felt bad for the folks prank calling via it or whenever....when such time could be spent doing more worthwhile activities (strip clubs come to mind!) but yeah, using it is totally anonymous and FCC regulations state that it has to remain confidential...sometimes I relay drug sales, death threats, whatever...good way to communicate and it's free long distance anywhere in the country (sprintrelayonline.com if you're curious)...and it works well as a college job, which is why i do it... it works out to about $10/hr after you figure in the night differential and uhh other crap. but yeah, if you're gonna make a prank call this is a lot more anonymous, as the caller id doesnt send (though your ip is shown at the bottom of the screen and logged on the Rockwell that the terminals communicate with). However, none of the supervisors or other workers that I've met there seem to know what the number (the ip address, not many tech-savvy individuals working there, it seems) is for anyhow (Sprint logs it basically to save their asses in the event of something really catastraphic happening via the relay system or something, I guess). Just a FYI, I guess, I'll update you as I gather more info...I have several suspicions about the OS so far, which basically functions as a dumb terminal, communicating with the rockwell (the rockwell seems to be used for all troubleshooting regarding the terminals as well, as all problems I've ever encountered had to be dealt with from the rockwell, and not locally), anyhow, I'm out for now, peace :jawa:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!