- - - - -

IPB Hacking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_Possibly_Sodfather_***

GUEST_Possibly_Sodfather_***
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:17 PM

I'm sure you get these stupid questions all the time and get pissed, but try to think about when you guys didn't know anything and then try not to hate me. :help: Also, I registered an account but my e-mail's down right now so I can't validate it yet.

Okay, so I'm looking for knowledge on hacking a user account on forums, such as Invision Power Board, for example, and hacking user log-in forms in general. I've tried it a little before, using gay brute forcing programs but I've never had success.

Anyway up for teaching me anything or directing me to some tutorials? I use my computer a lot, why not know how to hack some accounts? :P

#2 fanatic

fanatic

Masturbation Addict

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:23 PM

There are plenty of login hacks at the ib hackers website:
http://database.ibhackers.com/

I really don't understand what you want to do specifically.

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:45 PM

fanatic: he prolly wants to know how to gain another users pass, am i right?!

#4 Sodfather

Sodfather

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:20 PM

Exactly. :blush:

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:32 PM

Exactly. :blush:

There are few known exploits to specific forums to get accounts and passwords. There are too many things involved and too many levels of security. Not by design persay, but more by application. Depending on how the board is written, the user/pass could be anywhere and in any format.

Your best bet would be to go to the site of the board you are interested in hacking and finding out how it works and where it keeps its data. What format does it use? What kind of encryption, if any, does it have? If you can, install it on a system of your own and hack away at it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!