• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:07 AM

I will be travelling to Texas later this month, and I fly into El Paso. I only have basically 1 evening there but I thought I would see if there is a meeting or anything in El Paso or across the border in Juarez.

PM me if you have any knowledge or want to have a meeting while I am in town.

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

^BUMP^

I will be making 2 more trips out to this area in November and December. If anyone is around and wants to chat, PM me.

#3 regret

regret

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

^BUMP^

I will be making 2 more trips out to this area in November and December. If anyone is around and wants to chat, PM me.

501<BR>479 is not too far from there...only one state away :P

#4 jamie79512

jamie79512

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

Yea, for texas being such a big ass state i havent found any meetings around where i live...

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

^BUMP^

501<BR>479 is not too far from there...only one state away :P

Yeah, but i only have window of a few hours in the evenings of 1 or 2 days. :( It is a very small window so a long drive will eat that time up by itself.

#6 cold_

cold_

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

I don't live in El Paso, but I live about an hour away in New Mexico.

Things not to do:
- Chicos Tacos - terrible food, people rant and rave about them, basically taquitos in a tomato sauce with some really cheap cheese on top...no good.

-Getting mugged/killed an put in the trunk of a car in Juarez - for obvious reasons.

Things to do:
- The mercado in Juarez - touristy, but lots of stuff all in one place and you can barter with them. A bonus to this place is that they have Cuban cigars. Some debate weather or not they are actually Cubans, but I thought they were good(may I recommend pretty much any of the Monte Cristo's or Romeo Y Juleatas that come in tubes).

- Sunaland Park in El Paso - Decent mall, and lots of other good restaurants there. Go west on I-10, mall will be on the right after taking a right off the freeway.

- Taco Cabana - Just up the hill from Sunland Park a few blocks is this fine establishment. Cheap, tasty, and close to a lot more.

Hope that helps, I'll ask around and find some more stuff.

// cold_

#7 Yauch

Yauch

elite

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

carlos and micky's had really good food however I mostly liked it cuz it was right next to the base

mapquest it if you're lokking for a good place to eat
1310 Magruder St
El Paso, TX 79925

#8 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:10 PM

Things to do:
- The mercado in Juarez - touristy, but lots of stuff all in one place and you can barter with them. A bonus to this place is that they have Cuban cigars. Some debate weather or not they are actually Cubans, but I thought they were good(may I recommend pretty much any of the Monte Cristo's or Romeo Y Juleatas that come in tubes).

Well, I walked across the foot bridge last time and went a few blocks in each direction. If that is the "mercado" you refer to, then I wasn't very impressed. ;) But I heard that they offer a tour over there by bus (i am ok with the whole tourista thing) that goes to some special areas that are tourist shopping traps. If that is the mercado you refer to, then I am all about that! :)

- Sunaland Park in El Paso - Decent mall, and lots of other good restaurants there. Go west on I-10, mall will be on the right after taking a right off the freeway.

Well, I went to a mall very close to the airport. Not impressive, just a typical mall. I will search for this Sunaland mall and try it on my next trip. Malls and places like that are good because I usually only have a few hours to kill at night and I love to wander around and people watch and just take in the sights and sounds.

Is there any kind of scene in New Mexico/El Paso? Maybe get a small group together for some food? I will be there Saturday night, 11/25/2006, all day/night Sunday 11/26/2006 and then I will be back that Thursday night, 11/30/2006 to fly out Friday afternoon. During the rest of the week, I am on-site and pretty much out of circulation.

#9 DosPod

DosPod

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Corpus Christi, Texas (the sparkling city by the sea)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

dude ur on the other side of texas stank lol come to corpus one day , and I can tell what u can do for fun here

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!