I'm trying to repeat it again, to remember what exactly I did, I remember messing with the link, deleting the information from it, so at one point in the registration process I must have and it worked.
This is what the registration link looks like basically.http://turnitin.com/...601917b14fea713
If you delete everything after newuser_join.asp you get a blank window with a prev and next button, next just goes back to the beginning however.
Play around with it, i'll try to get the exact process down to a tutorial. Sorry for the inconvenience...
EDIT: I just did it again, this is basically exactly what I did:
1) Went to newuser_type.asp from the Main Page, set type to Instructor, hit Next
2) Do not enter anything into ID or password, go to the URL with is newuser_join.asp?svr=#&r=#&session-id=#andletters and change newuser_join.asp to newuser_email.asp, keeping the stuff after the ?, press Enter
3) Enter in an email for login, doesn't have to exist, Next button
4) Enter a password for login, has to include number, Next button
5) Select a secret question and input any secret answer, Next button
6) Enter a first and last name, I used something like Cool Dude, Next button
7) You will reach the agreement page, I did two different things here in an attempt to see which did it
7a) I either just went directly to the URL, newuser_agreement.aspblahblah and changed it to newuser_complete.asp and hit enter
7b) Or, I hit I agree, it brings up a page saying there was an error, hit the browser Back button, then did 7a).
8) It should work, if not, wait a while, they may just take a bit to actually create the account. If this STILL doesn't work, I will keep trying
Update: I have confirmed it takes a few minutes to create the account, so if you get a login failed message don't give up!
If you would like proof this works, try logging in with this account:
(yes, I know, dumb email, I was in a hurry =-P)
Edited by Websnake, 27 September 2006 - 05:46 PM.