• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:35 AM

Okay this went un-noticed to me for a while, but apparently my webhost shut my mirror down. Anyone who tried to get something from them would have seen the reason, for those of you who havent here it is ...

"The domain was being used to distribute illegal, copyrighted, adult or other material that we did not find acceptable."

Obviously RFA is none of those, but I decided not to fight it and moved all the RFA files back to my own web server so it is back up. I'm going to be moving this weekend so it will be down for a few days, possibly more depending on if cox has any problems getting us set up with our connection.

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:49 AM

WTF?!?! gimmie your host's email!!!!! ima give em a piece of my mind.

#3 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:53 AM

Okay this went un-noticed to me for a while, but apparently my webhost shut my mirror down. Anyone who tried to get something from them would have seen the reason, for those of you who havent here it is ...

"The domain was being used to distribute illegal, copyrighted, adult or other material that we did not find acceptable."

Obviously RFA is none of those, but I decided not to fight it and moved all the RFA files back to my own web server so it is back up. I'm going to be moving this weekend so it will be down for a few days, possibly more depending on if cox has any problems getting us set up with our connection.

:puke:

#4 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:58 AM

The host is www.activewebhosting.com ... it came highly recomended by white raven a while ago on another post, it would make a great file host if they investigated the files that were being put on thier servers before jumping to conclusions. They actually have an automated system that sent me an email the second I uploaded the first .mp3 file, it could have been anything, I wouldn't be surprised if an automated system shut it down in the first place.

#5 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:49 AM

would they notice a different file format? like ogg or (insert various formats here)?

i was wondering why mp3 is used so much, is it a size thing? and since most people are "uptight" with mp3's as your host has demonstraited, why aren't we delving into something they wouldn't notice. *heads off to google up some info*

#6 fanatic

fanatic

Masturbation Addict

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

Not to be offtopic here or anything, but awesome screenshot of your windowed CS screen. You've given me the inspiration to do the same thing. =)

#7 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:56 PM

Why didn't you try to contact them? I'm sure with a couple emails you could work out the misunderstanding.

#8 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 02:08 PM

it is a hassle to find good hosting for hacking sites due to the perception of hackers. This is why we harp on it so much! Fuck them, we don't need them.

#9 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:40 AM

stank answered kizzles question pretty well :) So ill just stick with that

#10 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:35 PM

Oh man, this is the best, I just got a message from active web hosting on my voice mail, im gonna do my best to get a recording of this so everyone can hear it, it is hilarious!

#11 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:49 PM

Oh man, this is the best, I just got a message from active web hosting on my voice mail, im gonna do my best to get a recording of this so everyone can hear it, it is hilarious!

This will be interesting....hey, send it to my incoming ftp.stankdawg.com/incoming as mp3 and I will use it on an upcoming show.

#12 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:21 PM

I hate to sound like an advertisement so I'll keep it short...

If anyone here is looking for a host that has a clue and won't pull this kind of crap PM/e-mail/IM me. I have a friend who runs a hosting company that is looking for customers to fill his latest box.

He definitely won't pull this automated account removal garbage. :P

#13 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:45 PM

I hate to sound like an advertisement so I'll keep it short...

If anyone here is looking for a host that has a clue and won't pull this kind of crap PM/e-mail/IM me. I have a friend who runs a hosting company that is looking for customers to fill his latest box.

He definitely won't pull this automated account removal garbage. :P

will he give SSH access?

#14 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:47 PM

I'll try to get the details from him ASAP and let you know.

#15 MIG

MIG

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 01:48 AM

He is hosting off of his cox account ?? wsip-24-120-30-50.lv.lv.cox.net
Unless that is like a cox buisness thing cox doesn't allow web servers. You could send cox a little email.

at least they offer free anonymous mail. Aren't they just so nice :)
http://www.activeweb...m/contactus.asp

<form method="post" action="http://bots.activewebhosting.com/emailbot.asp">
  <input type="hidden" name="mailserver" value="127.0.0.1">
  <input type="hidden" name="to" value="support@activewebhosting.com">
  <input type="hidden" name="from" value="support@activewebhosting.com">
  <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="AWH Hosting Question">
  <input type="hidden" name="returnurl" value="http://www.activewebhosting.com/contactusthankyou.asp">
  <input type="hidden" name="notefields" value="Contact   : ~~name~~<BR>Company   : ~~company~~<BR>Telephone : ~~telephone~~<BR>E-Mail    : ~~email~~<BR>Memo      : ~~note~~<BR>">
  <table cellpadding=1>
  <tr>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;">Name:</td>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;"><input type=text name=name size=40 ></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;">Company</td>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;"><input type=text name=company size=40 ></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;">Telephone:</td>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;"><input type=text name=telephone size=40 ></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;">E-Mail:</td>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;"><input type=text name=email size=40 ></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td valign=top><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;">Question:</td>
  <td><font style="Font-Family:Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;Font-size:10pt;"><textarea name=note cols=30 rows=10></textarea></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td></td>
  <td><input type=submit value="Send"></td>
  </tr>
  </table>
  </form>

Oh my http://www.activewebhosting.com/hostedwebs...stdomain=J'

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!