• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

I am trying to make a anonymous RDP connection. I would like to use TOR however there is no proxy settings for the MS RDP client.... hmmmm Ideas. I would like to give my cantenna a break :ranaway:

-Malt Liquor

#2 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

Set a global proxy setting in your internet connection settings (like under control panel?)

#3 Hiryu

Hiryu

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:59 AM

You can use socat to torify almost any application like so:

socat TCP4-LISTEN:1234,fork SOCKS4A:localhost:someserver.com:3389,socksport=9050

Now when you connect to localhost:1234 your connection will be proxied through Tor to someserver.com:3389

Probably won't do you much good under windows, no idea if it works under Cygwin. According to the Tor Win32 Howto:

For applications that support neither SOCKS nor HTTP, take a look at SocksCap, FreeCap, or the Hummingbird SOCKS client. (FreeCap is free software; the others are proprietary.)
For more information how to Torify other applications in detail visit the Torify HOWTO.

Freecap

#4 sazzer

sazzer

elite

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:59 AM

You can use socat to torify almost any application like so:

socat TCP4-LISTEN:1234,fork SOCKS4A:localhost:someserver.com:3389,socksport=9050

Now when you connect to localhost:1234 your connection will be proxied through Tor to someserver.com:3389

Probably won't do you much good under windows, no idea if it works under Cygwin. According to the Tor Win32 Howto:

For applications that support neither SOCKS nor HTTP, take a look at SocksCap, FreeCap, or the Hummingbird SOCKS client. (FreeCap is free software; the others are proprietary.)
For more information how to Torify other applications in detail visit the Torify HOWTO.

Freecap

One problem here is that without a lot of messing around, the Microsoft RDP client refuses to connect to localhost - it's kind of sensible since why would you want a remote desktop on your local machine...

From memory, you need to copy MSTSC.EXE and MSTSC.DLL into a different directory, and then run MSTSC.EXE under compatibility mode for a Win9x machine or something stupid like that. I don't remember exactly, but I do know it's possible since I've had to use it over SSH tunnels in the past.

#5 Hiryu

Hiryu

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

One problem here is that without a lot of messing around, the Microsoft RDP client refuses to connect to localhost - it's kind of sensible since why would you want a remote desktop on your local machine...

From memory, you need to copy MSTSC.EXE and MSTSC.DLL into a different directory, and then run MSTSC.EXE under compatibility mode for a Win9x machine or something stupid like that. I don't remember exactly, but I do know it's possible since I've had to use it over SSH tunnels in the past.

Next time try connectiong to 127.0.0.1 (or 127.65.34.99 or whatever) that works for me.

#6 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

Next time try connectiong to 127.0.0.1 (or 127.65.34.99 or whatever) that works for me.

Thanks for the ideas I am going to run a few tests to insure I am using the proxy.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!