Photo
- - - - -

Does any one have binrev meeting in chicago?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 miche'le

miche'le

elite

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

:pengy: :whatsup:

#2 Cobalt Infinity

Cobalt Infinity

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:39 AM

Was there ever any response to this?

#3 Alk3

Alk3

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:33 AM

Yeah, I'd be more interested in a Binrev meeting than 2600. It might be a bit more interesting, and we are all already connected. So there is no need to make new acquaintances. IMO

Alk3

#4 [pat]

[pat]

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:38 AM

I've never heard anything about chicago area binrev meetings... we should get one started

#5 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

It's not BinRev, but it may be close as you get:
http://www.chicago2600.net/

#6 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:36 AM

It's not BinRev, but it may be close as you get:
http://www.chicago2600.net/

Chicago2600Meetings are a horrible commute for me. I am in the South suburbs (Orland Park Area), and the meetings are up north in Irving park. This is a bitch-of-a-commute for me, especially on a friday at rush hour!

I would be more than willing to lead a Chicago BinRev chapter in the loop. Unfortunatly I work 4-midnight weekdays. If anyone is up committing to these meetings with me, we could start something on weekends.

Post Back! :-)
BrakeDanceJ

#7 miche'le

miche'le

elite

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

I'd love to start 1 but we were debating to have it around the same time at 2600.(just idea)

#8 thej3w

thej3w

T0tal n00b

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

I think having it around the same time as 2600 meeting is a really bad idea. Why not have it the 2nd Friday of the month? That way people can goto both if they want and they don't have to worry about missing 1 meeting for the other. Where in the loop would it be?

#9 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

I think having it around the same time as 2600 meeting is a really bad idea. Why not have it the 2nd Friday of the month? That way people can goto both if they want and they don't have to worry about missing 1 meeting for the other. Where in the loop would it be?

Agreed. We want to attract people to the meeting, not force them to choose. Are there any BinRev meeting rules governing the frequency of meetings? It would be cool to do every other weekend (that 2600 doesn't fall on). With larger presentations on the 2nd weekend of every month, and a more social-oriented gathering on the other weekend.

Friday nights will never work for me. I'm working a NOC position 2nd shift (4pm-12am), and i'm now forced to miss 2600 meetings. Anyone mind a saturday night meeting?

Location is another issue as you can see, chi2600 struggled with that one for a while too.

How about we take the old 2600 spot? Union Station?

Edited by BrakeDanceJ, 15 January 2007 - 07:02 PM.

#10 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

Agreed. We want to attract people to the meeting, not force them to choose. Are there any BinRev meeting rules governing the frequency of meetings?

BinRev meetings are normally the third Friday of the month but that is not even remotely close to strict, just a suggestion to make them somewhat together and organized. You are free to do them whenever you want.

#11 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

Agreed. We want to attract people to the meeting, not force them to choose. Are there any BinRev meeting rules governing the frequency of meetings?

BinRev meetings are normally the third Friday of the month but that is not even remotely close to strict, just a suggestion to make them somewhat together and organized. You are free to do them whenever you want.

Awsome. Thanks for clearing that up. I've been talking to a few people from chicago2600 about organizing a BinRev meeting. Let's hope we see a 312 chapter fairly soon. :voteyes:

#12 Alk3

Alk3

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

how is this coming along?

#13 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

how is this coming along?

Meh, real life kicking in. I'll try'n design a site in my free time and figure out a location.

#14 miche'le

miche'le

elite

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Sweetness, progress has been made!

#15 kn0x

kn0x

H4x0r

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

we are just waiting to get a response so we aren't there by ourselves...
so ANYONE in the Chicago area interested let us know.

http://www.binrev.co...showtopic=31155

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!