waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

re-up

only email me if links dead please

----------emailed removed--------------

Listen up people, the links in my sig work and so does the one in my profile under comments the rapidshare links

so stop emailing me like some moron.....if you cant figure out how to click the links and download it....you sure in hell wont be able to figure out how to use it

Attached Files

Edited by waa, 03 March 2008 - 06:34 PM.

#63 waa

waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

http://rapidshare.co...nlock6.zip.html

make sure u read instructions its not to hard to figure out how run it to generate a password

STOP EMAILING ME MORONS, THE PROGRAMS LINKED A TON OF TIMES HERE FOR YOU TO GET IT

Edited by waa, 16 November 2007 - 02:33 AM.

#64 heweaver

heweaver

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

Make sure you are typing it like this:

UNLOCK6 12345 0

with the ZERO at the end (after a space). I kept trying to use it and thought it was giving me bogus passwords too, until I re-read the docs and found the SPACE and ZERO at the end, I tried it once more and it worked wonderfully!

guys if u have a new version of the tool please send to me
my notebook is dv6580ee so this version generated wrong password
the number i get after 3 attepts is 12830

#65 waa

waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Make sure you are typing it like this:

UNLOCK6 12345 0

with the ZERO at the end (after a space). I kept trying to use it and thought it was giving me bogus passwords too, until I re-read the docs and found the SPACE and ZERO at the end, I tried it once more and it worked wonderfully!

guys if u have a new version of the tool please send to me
my notebook is dv6580ee so this version generated wrong password
the number i get after 3 attepts is 12830

It pays to READ the docs before jumping into something....

you'd be amazed at the amount of people who emailed me because they couldnt even click the download links in there rush to get the program........they overlook simple links,,then whine in an email,,then claim the link worked,,then whine more in emails,,then claim they got it somewhere else,,,go figure........all because they cant click a link

Let alone the ones who email asking how to .............. READ the instructions

>>>>>>>>

http://rapidshare.co...nlock6.zip.html

its all over this thread,,,how do peeps miss it?

Edited by waa, 06 March 2008 - 02:43 AM.

#66 kajler

kajler

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Linked version is old one (v1.0 July 1997), there exists a newer one (v1.1 May 2003), which can generate passwords with scan codes, uppercase and lowercase (ie. uppercase it used to remove hdd passwords from some Acer laptops). Acer references both versions in their service manuals - old one for removing user/supervisor password - bios_pw.exe, and the new one for remowing hdd password as hdd_pw.exe (but on enclosed screenshots we may see that they really are unlock6 v1.0 and unlock6 v1.1).

Posted Image

So if anyone has this new unlock6 v1.1, please post it here or email me at: tzok (at) poczta.onet.pl

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kajler, 11 March 2008 - 01:24 PM.

#67 neelen

neelen

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:08 AM

hello,is there any information as to where the unlock6 version 1.1 is available??

#68 Poetic-Justice

Poetic-Justice

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

take the battery out and it resets the CMOS values...

#69 neomatrix2006

neomatrix2006

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

unlock6 worked great on hp pavillion dv4000 thanks for the file

#70 funkfunk

funkfunk

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

Hey. Sorry to bump this thread so late in the future.
Just wondering whether anyone located a copy of unlock6 1.1? If so I would be very interested in getting a copy.

Cheers.

#71 waa

waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

ur welcome

----

1.1 huh

LMAO

Remove the battery huh

Talk about some clueless posts-

1st off removing the battery doesnt work on all computers...

second, theres also unlock7 8 and 9

all work for different computers...so thinking somethings "old" is clueless to.....all have there relevence for certain computers

and since only a few out of 100s cannot follow the link for 1.0 and want to spam emails requesting somethings thats linked

I'll pass posting any other versions I have....
manufacturers will unlock non-stolen pc's

Edited by waa, 31 March 2008 - 12:15 PM.

#72 funkfunk

funkfunk

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

ur welcome

----

1.1 huh

LMAO

Remove the battery huh

Talk about some clueless posts-

1st off removing the battery doesnt work on all computers...

second, theres also unlock7 8 and 9

all work for different computers...so thinking somethings "old" is clueless to.....all have there relevence for certain computers

and since only a few out of 100s cannot follow the link for 1.0 and want to spam emails requesting somethings thats linked

Ok. To elaborate a bit.. The reason I'm asking for 1.1 of unlock6 is because the previous (linked-to) version doesn't have the option to generate an upper case ASCII code, which I'm needing to unlock a HDD on an Acer laptop. I know it also goes by the executable name of hdd_pw.exe , but 'tis the same thing. Not sure if you were "LMAO"ing at my post or not, but I have a feeling my reason for request will be the same as some of the previous ones.

Cheerio and fingers crossed someone's got a copy o' unlock6 1.1!

#73 TzOk

TzOk

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:12 AM

Well... that's true that authorized service can remove passwords from non-stolen laptops, but:
- you have to have a proof of purchase (which you don't have when buying "second hand" laptop via i.e. eBay),
- you have to pay for this quite a lot of money (as I remember 100€, which in my country, is more than a minimal salary for a week of work), often more than 1/3 or even 1/2 of laptop's total worth,
- many used laptops on eBay are after-leased laptops from some companies, often imported by the trader from different countries, they event don't know that there's a BIOS password, and there's no way to find the previous owner or give laptop back (the trader would say that it was you who put the password, and he won't accept return),
- other problem is that you don't know that you have a HDD password protection in BIOS active until you try to put other disk to your laptop (an it will become locked) and then put it back to another computer, or until you won't try to put your's (locked) HDD into other laptop or PC,
- the true thief alway have this kind of programs and doesn't need to ask for it, there even exist almost official unauthorized services, which offer removing passwords from laptops and HDDs, without any proofs of purchase, and for lower prices.

As to "old"... both are called unlock6.exe, but have different release dates (1997 and 2003) so one is old and one is new, isn't it?

Edited by TzOk, 21 April 2008 - 03:24 AM.

#74 Dooms_day

Dooms_day

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

yeah remove the cmos battery, its like a disc, and also take out the regular battery

if that doesnt work in the first 10 minutes, keep the cmos battery out but put the regular battery in and turn the computer on then take the battery out while its booting ;)

#75 craygee

craygee

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Location:From that place with all the stuff, near that one thing!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

Please stop suggesting the battery people. In that acer its soldered to the mainboard and shorting it doesnt work either. It's hard coded into an EEPROM (Electronicaly Erased Programable Read Only Memory) of sorts. They need the code to reset.

#76 Egons

Egons

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

yea please dont said that about de battery is a way to despiste the users about the unlock program, i have unlock6 ver. 97 doesnt any body has the unlock 6 ver 2003? please? ( because 97 ver. saved my life :D ) and even now there is news hp notebooks than dons´t deliver a error code pass, only if you mistake the pass its lock up, what we can do with this new notebooks?

#77 TNM

TNM

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

I also would like to know about other unlockers: specifically an HP Omnibook 4150, which is not covered by unlock6.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

#78 waa

waa

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

Well... that's true that authorized service can remove passwords from non-stolen laptops, but:
- you have to have a proof of purchase (which you don't have when buying "second hand" laptop via i.e. eBay),
- you have to pay for this quite a lot of money (as I remember 100€, which in my country, is more than a minimal salary for a week of work), often more than 1/3 or even 1/2 of laptop's total worth,
- many used laptops on eBay are after-leased laptops from some companies, often imported by the trader from different countries, they event don't know that there's a BIOS password, and there's no way to find the previous owner or give laptop back (the trader would say that it was you who put the password, and he won't accept return),
- other problem is that you don't know that you have a HDD password protection in BIOS active until you try to put other disk to your laptop (an it will become locked) and then put it back to another computer, or until you won't try to put your's (locked) HDD into other laptop or PC,
- the true thief alway have this kind of programs and doesn't need to ask for it, there even exist almost official unauthorized services, which offer removing passwords from laptops and HDDs, without any proofs of purchase, and for lower prices.

As to "old"... both are called unlock6.exe, but have different release dates (1997 and 2003) so one is old and one is new, isn't it?

Wrong !

And for everyone else,, search the thread there are links and file attachments for unlock6

#79 operat0r

operat0r

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

90999 views ... that's crazy ..

I use clearcmos.exe or sort out the cmos batt with it unplugged or good old JP9 ( if they have that anymore .. )

Edited by operat0r, 22 October 2008 - 10:07 AM.

#80 TNM

TNM

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

90999 views ... that's crazy ..

I use clearcmos.exe or sort out the cmos batt with it unplugged or good old JP9 ( if they have that anymore .. )

Well, unfortunately, clearcmos.exe can only be run if you can boot the system. This system does not store it's password in cmos, but in an eeprom, so the cmos battery trick will do nothing. JP9 is not present on this laptop (I don't recall ever having seen it on anything since an old PII, let alone a laptop).

I hope that someone can help me with an unlocker other than unlock6, since it doesn't work for my HP Omnibook 4150. Hash code is 08285.

TNM

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!