• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Self Revolution

Self Revolution

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:30 PM

friend sent me this site, i dont kno if i should believe it or not. I am too freaked now to believe anything, buh for one thing... I will follow the words of advice and try to make the best of the future wether or not his tellings will follow thru or not

>>>>>>>>> http://www.johntitor.com/

#2 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:06 PM

all i can say is Intresting.....
I think its just another stunt

#3 l0cache

l0cache

I'm on default!

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:52 PM

Fuck that shit... That's just my opinion...

#4 Self Revolution

Self Revolution

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:09 AM

If it is a damned stunt, they sure did put a lot of work into that. That creator surely has No life at all(if it is in fact a prank). In the site they talk about EMPs destroying alot. AwwWWww man, i sure would miss all my gadgets. Just think about all the things u hav, and what u would actually be able to use if we had EMPs blastin off in our neighborhod. I kno it woulndt b prettie at all, suicidal to sum. MUhaHAaHAHa

#5 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 01:00 AM

usually good stunts, are planned very well = )
I honesly dont believe someone from the future came here lol....

#6 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 01:31 AM

This was posted AWHILE ago and I think I'm just repeating myself IIRC, but think about it. If you could travel through time wouldn't you try and change things. He mentions something about not being able to alter the course of time but that's ridiculous. Why would you not try to assasinate a figure such as hitler? If time travel were so common you could shape time for the benefit of humanity. Just stopping to say hello on some forum seems pretty stupid :\.

#7 unknown_entity

unknown_entity

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:30 AM

He mentions something about not being able to alter the course of time but that's ridiculous. Why would you not try to assasinate a figure such as hitler?

Duh...The Prime Directive. Don't you know Star Trek, Seems Mr. J.T. does all too well though. lol

#8 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:54 AM

IMHO, this is bullshit. But it is incredibly interesting and well written bullshit! Think "war of the worlds" and treat it as a work of fiction. It is very entertaining!

One scary link from there though... http://www.survivalr.../cd-targets.htm

edit: another interesting this is this list he gives about how to be ready for the future. fuck the future, DO ALL OF THIS NOW! regardless of this kook! If more people did these things, the world wouldn't suck so bad!

1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.

3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.

4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.

5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.

6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.

7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.

8. Eat less.

9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.

10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.

#9 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:32 AM

Don't you know Star Trek

I watched Star Trek once. I also got kicked in the nuts once. I hope neither of these things happen to me again :).

:go: If nukes start flying and there is some advanced knowledge of this, I'm going to be the first one to setup a lawn chair with a nice glass of lemonade waiting for the shockwave to obliterate me. Fallout was a fun game and all but eating at Iguana Bob's everyday doesn't sound that great.

#10 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:05 PM

Deja Vu All over again..

#11 Subzero1037

Subzero1037

D1g1taL Ma5t3rM1nd

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:40 PM

all im saying is watch the back to the future movies... i want a hover skateboard.

#12 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:50 PM

Froma a IRC chat log this guy was in:

TimeTravel_0 : Sorry...time machine.
TimeTravel_0 : I was sent back to 1975 to get a computer.
TimeTravel_0 : Its an IBM model 5110.
TimeTravel_0 : My grandfather worked on it.
G° : because...?
TimeTravel_0 : Thats why I was sent.
TimeTravel_0 : We need it in 2036 to recode UNIX which dies in 2038.
G° : who needed a 5110? and why?
G° : lost me there. don't enough about computers
TimeTravel_0 : the 5110 is able to read the old IBM mainframe code.
TimeTravel_0 : Its the first protable computer produced by IBM.
TimeTravel_0 : Actually its about the size of a small table.
TimeTravel_0 : We need on in 2036.
G° : so have you tried changing the past yet? or have you found that
everything you do..
G° : has already been done?
TimeTravel_0 : Hmmm...physics.

Full chat at http://www.anomalies...aveler/irc.html

If unix dies, what about linux? By that time linux should not only be fully compatible with it (it pretty much is already) but be able to do more.. what would be the value of that UNLESS LINUX WAS DEAD OR NOT AROUND AT THAT TIME?

#13 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:16 PM

Don't you know Star Trek

...I also got kicked in the nuts once. I hope neither of these things happen to me again :).

AMEN brother! I am all fo rthe "no kick in the nuts" rule!

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

#14 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:02 PM

i'm not paying much atrtention to this. he gives some interesting advice as you mentioned stank, but the rest of it is a waste of time. it's fun and all to pretend for a while, but thats about it.
the bit about needing the old ibm 5110 just caps it off nicely. why would anyone from the future need to bother with comming back into the past to find an outdated piece of technology. if they can make a machine to travel back in time they can design a new unix which would probably be more useful to them than that which "dies" in 2038.

#15 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:15 PM

I still think Im going to burn some sources every month if I can, even if I ahve to borrow the use of another persons computer.. some of the things he said would come to pass, in fact all of them, have come true on the dot.

#16 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:29 PM

Well from what I've read it's not like they built a "time machine" to travel back in time specifically for this purpose but it instead came about like any other invention. I too agree that it's just some physics graduate student having a little fun and chances are it's 99% fake. What's freaky is that 1% :unsure: .

#17 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:57 PM

it may be fake but it's still a damn interesting read.

#18 lokey

lokey

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

yeah that kept me entertained for a while but im pretty sure its fake. i mean 90 % percent of what he says is simple extrapolation from present events

#19 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:08 PM

in fact all of them, have come true on the dot.

Err like what :blink: ? Everything I was reading mentioned future events. Not more nostradamus crap I hope :\?

#20 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 12:15 AM

Nope, not at all; For one, he said a break through in the science that drives his time mach. will happen a year from the date he makes the prediction, and a year after that date, the first artificial singularity was formed.

I for one find that very interesting, considering it was right on the dot.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!