Photo
- - - - -

Radio

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:11 PM

wanna know how to make an illegal fm radio...
does it need a lot of equipements?

i'm talkin about a radio station for maybe a little transmission range to be heared on fm or am frequency

thx

#2 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:35 PM

These pages have kits and prebuilt FM transmitters as well as antennas. Enjoy!

Broadcast Warehouse
Ramsey Electronics
Veronica

#3 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:38 PM

so i can't make it myself? getting some radio parts..etc...?
where does this am or fm transmitter is also used?othre than radio

#4 GUEST_Guest_Posing_as_ragweed_***

GUEST_Guest_Posing_as_ragweed_***
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:50 PM

are you tring to start a pirate radio or something?

#5 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:55 PM

pirate radio would be cool, but unfortunately you could get yo ass busted by the fcc before you could even broadcast anything. something that would kick ass is to have 802.11 radio, i guess it could be made to work if there would be ppl around the country mirroring the stream, it would be pretty cool........

#6 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:03 PM

802.11 radio, hmmmm. ^_^

#7 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:00 PM

well hac actually you should be prett safe as long as you just broadcast using a recording and not live. and of course your nowheres near your house

#8 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:18 PM

well, you could postition your broadcasting "station" (ie antenna) somewhere far away, but they will sooner or later get you, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

#9 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:27 PM

there was a panel at h2k2 called "LPFM BASICS" its up for download at h2k2.net its a great listen, and i recommend it to you... while youre there, be sure to get dragorn's (author of Kismet) fun with 802.11b

#10 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:08 AM

1st of all don't worry, in my country i can't get caught ,there's lots of illegal radio and some of them are very public

so what i want is to do is a pirate radio for about 4 miles not more, and i want to know how much thios transmitter and antenna would cost...

thx again

#11 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:29 PM

if you want to make your own transmitter i found some schematics here

#12 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 05:20 PM

I used to know a guy who for legal reasons would never give out his real name; he had a huge van that had all his radio eq in it, and he would park for like a hour at a time and broudcast over the more populer stations stuff most people never got to listen to,like the uncensored versions fo songs or independednt artists.. then after a short time he would move while working on battery power, then stop and plug in somewhere.. it was trippy, he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he knew he was doing a people a service.. it was a long time ago, and I cant help but wonder where he is now.

#13 moogvo

moogvo

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 10:26 AM

In the US, Pirate radio is easier to get away with than one might expect. I was a (legal) broadcaster for many years and know the ins and outs of the FCC pretty well. I built a hobby transmitter with a 35 watt output power on the commercial FM band (above 91.9 MHz)

I operated for a period of 6 months running 24/7 before I got tired of it and turned it off. I was covering the entire metro area. I took calls on a "request line" and nobody gave me a second look.

The key is to "sound" like any other commercial station. Don't interfere with any other stations, or do anything to get complaints (like swearing on the air or transmitting all over the neighbors TV.)

I have a friend who ran a 1000 Watt pirate station for over 2 years; Sold advertising and even became an affiliate of Westwood One radio network, broadcasting "American Top 40" and other programs from Westwood One. They covered High School sports games and generally had all of the trimmings of a "real" radio station.

One of the industry publications caught wind of this illegal broadcast and wrote an article about it. Shortly after, the FCC gave them a "Cease and Decist" order. No fines, no equipment seizure, no court, jail or anything else.

As long as you are reasonable on the air, chances are that you will never get in trouble, even if you DO get "busted".

#14 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:58 PM

thx all
but can anyone help me in what i'm askin for?
how much it will cost me, or just tell how much khz i'll need for about 4 miles range broadcasting
that's all i want to know
thx,
:roll:

#15 caffeine21

caffeine21

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:12 PM

my transceiver was modded to transmit over numerous blocked bands including the frequenciues FM stations use, it was as easy as jumping a circuit for me but it really depends on what model you own as to how hard the mod is.

for anyone aspiring to play with radio eqipment i reccomend getting in the least your general liscence so oyu can transmit legaly over some bands.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!