9 replies to this topic

#1 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:39 PM

:help:

I know, I shouldn't have messaed around with something i don't understand. I'm stuck in test mode. There's all this weird stuff displayed, and I'm afraid tio hit any buttons. I don't wanna fuck up my phone. If anyone knows how to get it out of test mode I'd GREATLY apreciate it if you told me how. I can't do ANYTHING!

EDIT:

I found the original message that I got the instructions from. "thats it, to exit, press menu and than the left softkey"

I did that, it does exit. But it starts up in test mode when I turn it off then on again!

#2 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 09:58 AM

Someone? ANYONE?! :(

#3 l0cache

l0cache

I'm on default!

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:05 AM

Dude, just call customer service... It's not against the law to push buttons on your phone.

#4 Shin

Shin

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:05 PM

Don't worry -- you won't mess anything up. I think I've changed almost anything I can in testmode, and it hasn't really done a whole lot. Anyways, here's how to get out of it.

In test mode: press the menu button and then the left soft key to get you back to 'normal mode'.

Then press menu, 0 73887 *
(73887 is SETUP, by the way)

You should get a prompt asking you to enter your security code. The default is all 0's. The programming menu will come up and there should be an option to turn off the test mode menu.

#5 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:33 PM

Would the security code be the same as my Voicemail code or Unlock code? I changed those both. (They used to be the last 4 digits of my phone number. I felt that was not good security and changed them.)

#6 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:39 PM

P.S. Thanks a ton.

P.P.S. I'm at the library and paranoid about logging in. The security on these things is lax, someone could put a keylogger on easy.

#7 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:50 PM

It was all 0s! THANK YOU! I really REALLY apreciate the help. Customer service just grilled me about how exactly I knew how to get into test mode and refused to give me "any more ammo".

If you ever need anything, PM me.

#8 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:52 PM

how would fucking doing their jobs of helping costomers like you give "any more ammo" like what. Oh my god, not only can he get into test mode, but he can get out too!!!!

#9 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:54 PM

thats pathetic, i can't believe this man, why exactly do they care how you got in test mode?! its not their problem, their problem is helping you, the customer who PAYED MONEY for their friggin phone. just goes to show that the customer just aint right anymore.

#10 Shin

Shin

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 04:27 PM

It's like putting a backdoor in an otherwise secure program or server and then being surprised and upset when people find out about it. It's only a matter of time before people find out about anything.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!