• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:42 PM

has anyone else used smartripper here? i'm using it to back up a dvd of mine and when i'm ripping the movie gets all chopy. i need to know if this is normal for this to happen.

im running 800mhz 256mb ram and im not sure on the dvd rom speed.

thanks guys

#2 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

try playing the movie while ripping it

#3 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:09 PM

Walmart sells dvd backup software.. for $6.95, so it must be legal.. remember the free speech case about decss? The source code is protected as free speech.

#4 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:20 PM

try playing the movie while ripping it

i am playing the movie while i was ripping.

well the rip is done and the 2600 article is not helping me to much now.

i have an .01 file and about 3 ac3 files and i have no idea how you get this into avi or mpg format. the 2600 arty is in the fall issue.

#5 Turmoil

Turmoil

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:02 PM

Whenever I make backups of my dvds I use SmartRipper, DVD2AVI, TMPGEnc and a dumbed down version of this step by step.

#6 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

well i found out that ac3 files are the audio of my rip. and i also figured out how to get a d2v file also. so that helped alot. so i fired up tmpgenc and went to svcd and found out that tmpgenc doesn't support ac3 files.... so i jump on to google and search of a ac3 to wav converter.... the only luck i had with that was finding two progys that if registed will convert tha ac3 files all the way. with out registration it only encodes the file 50% of the way... so no luck there. jump on DC++ and find an ac3 tool convert to wav pop it into tmpgenc and let it go for the night!!! and wake up to find that i have a perfectly good dvd rip of boondock saints now on my computer!!

#7 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:37 PM

I found some tutorials on DVD ripping ripping off of eDOnkey. Converting to DivX and such.

#8 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:42 PM

the only problem i'm having now is that i can't convert my svcd to vcd so i can watch on my dvd player

#9 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 04:20 PM

this site has a bunch of guides on convertion, you'll probably find what you're looking for there
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

#10 jedibebop

jedibebop

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 10:20 PM

smartripper never gives me problems, if you want to just rip the file so you canburn to dvdr then make it one big file. if you want to put it on cdrs or something use dvdx or dvd2avi. encoding loses lots of quality and takes lots of time, buying a $130 dvdrw is a nice idea since it pays for itself after a few blockbuster ....backups... ;p

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!