hi im new to all of this :D

#1082 Sp1nsp3n

Sp1nsp3n

H4x0r

• Binrev Financier
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

Greetings to all

My name is Sp3ny and I am old School techie and my skills are primarily troubleshooting HW and SW; however, after 15 years of the shop life I found myself sick and tired of that line of work. I have not worked as a PC tech for quite sometime so those skills may be somewhat rusty but that doesn't stop the fam or friends from experimenting and leaving me with their computers to fix. My turnaround time is a month or more as I must admit I hate to be the only Tech Head anyone knows, so it seems. My home looks a like computer haven and they aren't all mine, in fact I don't really know who's is who's, frankly I don't care! Eventually I will fix them and eventually people will stop unloading their computers at my door. I don't want to fix it okay? Anyway, thought I would introduce myself, I'm not too bad at using my ingrained computer knowledge for fun and amazing projects in exploitation. I am a researcher in this field and I'm known for the unknown. These forums are awesome and I feel that with my information base of about 7 years, collecting information pertaining to hacking and exploitation, I have come across some of the damnedest and downright rare or shall I say controversial materials and information on the internet. I archive everything I learn as I go and I try to organize this information and it is vast and evernote is my primary organizational and archiving system. So needless to say its a mess but interesting nonetheless. If anyone is interested in taking a look at my collection of research please message me with your email address and I'll add you individually and send you a link, I believe I have something for everyone...

Thank you and I look forward to contributing my best knowledge and information to all who may seek it here!

#1083 XWorm

XWorm

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

I am new. But not so much of a noob.

#1084 smpl

smpl

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

I guess I'm sort of new because I have never posted in this thread.

I'm from Colorado but don't smoke weed, been more or less interested in phreaking and hacking for a few years now.

I have lots of old WE phones, and even a WE pay phone.

Yeah. Just thought I should post here eventually.

#1085 Deception

Deception

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'm kinda new as well since I never got around to posting on this thread.  I started out with an Apple //e and 300 baud modem.  Around '84 I started exploring the phone system, but was only interested in carriers and steady tones at that time.

#1086 grizlizli

grizlizli

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

hello everyone :)

#1087 jonecooper

jonecooper

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

*Hello* :bunny:

#1088 Pumpkin101

Pumpkin101

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi!

#1089 Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

I found this forum after nosing around some search engines. I have a degree in mechanical engineering so I'm familiar with a lot of basic scientific principles. Coding is definitely not my forte.

#1090 MrGrande

MrGrande

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

Greetings!

I've been listening to the radio show for decades.

#1091 JCSwishMan33

JCSwishMan33

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hello, I come in peace! Heh.

Anyway, the name's Jeff. I'm 37, work in the computer field... But was turned onto phreaking about a year ago hearing tapes done by some kid named "Evan from Malverne"... Heh.

So I'll most likely be found in the Old Skool Phreaking forums, but might peek out elsewhere on occasion!

Pleasure to be here!

#1092 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Welcome! There seems to be more phreaking than anything else nowadays, so much for phreaking being dead!

#1093 JCSwishMan33

JCSwishMan33

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

Heh... I'd say not dead, but comprehensibly changed?

It sure isn't the same as it was in the old Group Bell / "Bernay's Boys" days. But it seems (if the forums are any indication) that there's still some interesting things to find, even in the modern phone system.

#1094 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Plus there's all the *new* stuff that's actually accessible to us now, like open source soft PBXes -- and all of the old hardware that's coming out of service and can be purchased cheaply. Everyone needs a bit of electromechanical switchgear in their basement!

#1095 JCSwishMan33

JCSwishMan33

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:34 AM

I think my wife would kill me if I started putting together a step-by-step in our garage...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!