1088 replies to this topic

#1001 Themistocles

Themistocles

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

Good morning anyone.
My name is Daniel, although people have been prone to call me Themistocles or Cynical/Synical.
I'm 17 and self-taught. I first started in computers when I was 11 with modding games and website design and got into hacking when I saw "Live Free or Die Hard." My first thought was "This is cool..." but I really wanted to know how much of that movie was Hollywood (all of it but I still liked it). So I picked up some of my Dad's books and started to read, type, and read. Anyways, I'm learned in python and C/C++. Not super-strong in either, though now that school has sort of slowed, I've had time to really get back into it. (Avoided computer related classes at the moment because the only ones available teach only in Java and I have a distaste for Java.) But thats the basics, and I hope to contribute some good things to this site, in return learn as much as I can.

#1002 ldaves

ldaves

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:04 AM

# echo Hello World

:)

#1003 Yojimbo

Yojimbo

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hello.

#1004 Kilo_White

Kilo_White

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

Hello

#1005 Danny78

Danny78

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

Hello everyone. I just started a degree in computer science and will be focusing mostly on security-related issues and networking. I hope to take a class on AI as well. Still finishing up prereqs at the moment-- data structures, algorithms, discrete math, etc. I'm really enjoying it and am excited to learn more on my own here and elsewhere. If anyone has suggestions of zines, mags, books or other sources of information for newbs I'm all ears.

#1006 R3DPiLL

R3DPiLL

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi!

I'm new here. Just found the forum, and thought it looked
like a nice place. I'll give it a shot and see if this is
the place for me. I'm mostly here for learning, although
I'll try to contribute when possible.

Happy hacking.

#1007 tommy_eddy

tommy_eddy

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

and to prove my n00bness:

01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01100111 01110101 01111001 01110011 00001101 00001010

(apprently thats binary for hey guys)

#1008 siriushk

siriushk

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

Greetings from the free cheese and watermelon room.

#1009 The Head Hunter

The Head Hunter

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning, AMERICA &FRIENDS!! o_o
'Sup guys/girls?

Edited by The Head Hunter, 18 December 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#1010 lbradioman

lbradioman

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hello all....

#1011 delico

delico

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here, somewhat, but had an account years ago. I'm finally getting back into programming, network security/admin, and overall hacking when I have time to do extra reading and all that. I'm finishing up my university studies in psychology and will be starting grad school in behavioral neuroscience in the fall. Growing up in various h/p communities, the hacking mindset has always been mine, and that has extended to the brain for me.

#1012 sk3l1t0r

sk3l1t0r

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hey im just starting out on programming and networking etc,.. i need some help learning though. i have pretty much every book possible on hacking, mathmatics, file sharing, C++, etc. i just need some help starting out. i catch on pretty fast and i have drive like no other. so if there are any willing teachers out there please message me to help me out. my goals is to go to California State University to get my masters in Computer Science. Thank you all and im excited for this to happen.

Sk3l1r0r

#1013 sk3l1t0r

sk3l1t0r

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hello everyone. I just started a degree in computer science and will be focusing mostly on security-related issues and networking. I hope to take a class on AI as well. Still finishing up prereqs at the moment-- data structures, algorithms, discrete math, etc. I'm really enjoying it and am excited to learn more on my own here and elsewhere. If anyone has suggestions of zines, mags, books or other sources of information for newbs I'm all ears.

Hey im gona be getting my Masters in Computer Science! where do u go to college?? First year?

#1014 sk3l1t0r

sk3l1t0r

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Good morning anyone.
My name is Daniel, although people have been prone to call me Themistocles or Cynical/Synical.
I'm 17 and self-taught. I first started in computers when I was 11 with modding games and website design and got into hacking when I saw "Live Free or Die Hard." My first thought was "This is cool..." but I really wanted to know how much of that movie was Hollywood (all of it but I still liked it). So I picked up some of my Dad's books and started to read, type, and read. Anyways, I'm learned in python and C/C++. Not super-strong in either, though now that school has sort of slowed, I've had time to really get back into it. (Avoided computer related classes at the moment because the only ones available teach only in Java and I have a distaste for Java.) But thats the basics, and I hope to contribute some good things to this site, in return learn as much as I can.

Hey man! im just starting out programming. ya i love that movie!! but i too wondered how much was true or possible..but of course anything is truely possible. I admire you for being self taught. that is currently what im trying to do at the moment. if you wouldnt mind teaching me the roots i would be more than greatful. going to be getting my masters in computer science at California State University FUllerton. kk take care and thank you

#1015 Doc Snow

Doc Snow

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hello

#1016 d3xt3r

d3xt3r

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

hi all !!
joined this forum recently.......still a newbie :p

#1017 Michaelfox

Michaelfox

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

YO i just started hacking got a few questions.

first off, hello.

second, i am pretty familiar with writing hacks to video games. will this experience help with real hacking?

third, is shodan plus telnet a good combo?

all you good hackers out there i please need guidance

#1018 Michaelfox

Michaelfox

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

also hi to people who said hi in this thread. (Yes, its to get 10 posts)

#1019 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

Namaste, I've been lurking about for quite a while now. Not very well versed in general computing skills, I have a keen interest in learning about telecom and telcos and how they function, what happens on the inside and how do things like voip and other PSTN work or coexist. Will post some newbie questions here from time to time If I'm stuck and will try to contribute if I come across something that is within my league(which is quite rare but I've done it twice already!!).

Cheers

Edited by ver_01, 12 February 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#1020 Machyle

Machyle

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hello everyone

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!