• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

#381 ziptree

ziptree

What number are we thinking of?

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Hey guys whats going on? I'm new here, but ive been lurking for a month or two now. Ive been interested in phreaking for a while now, but ive kept myself pretty underground about it. so, just saying hi. :teeth:

Welcome. =P

#382 nullkraft

nullkraft

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Binrev Financier
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

I'm looking for the Geek Squad & Computer Nerdz CDs because I'd like to know how the F they remove viruses & spyware in 1-2 hours. It takes me that long just to scan a computer with Adaware, Spybot S&D and Norton. (Actually I use Symantec...not Norton but whatever)
Then when you add the extra time I put into it trying to remove things like CoolWWWsearch and all that "auto-reinstall" malware, it takes me about 4 hours to do a single comp. And thats if my efforts even work, many times I find myself using HJT and A2 as well. Anyway, everybody says their CDs are crap but theyre using it to get the job done twice as fast as me so something about it must be right.

Well, their CD's aren't crap but they are pirated! They're getting their asses sued off by the company that makes ERD Commander and other products. The software they've stolen allows them to boot live onto the CD and run all their scans against a dormant hard drive (offline scanning) which improves clean up by a bunch. You can obtain the same results by using the Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) that you can download and burn for free. You'll just have to update your AV and spyware tools once in a while and reburn them to a new CD.

Also, you need to get rid of Symantec. You can go to their site and download the Norton Ripout Tool that they make because their stuff is such shit that it's worse than getting your box owned by the bad dudes. Use AVG (free.grisoft.com) if you want a superior anti-virus scanner that doesn't fsck your system worse than the viruses.

Finally, the squad, et. al. do a shit job of clean up. If you went in behind them you would find that you have another 1 - 2 hours of work to clean the system fully.

#383 Alk3

Alk3

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:37 PM

Hi to everyone. I am here to learn as much as I can from all of you!

#384 暗殺者

暗殺者

Will I break 10 posts?

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hello all!

#385 tokachu

tokachu

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

Hello all!

Hello, assassin!

Stupid question, but is there any particular reason why you're in the "banned" group?

#386 xI.nIum

xI.nIum

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:04 AM

Hi,

#387 Gregor

Gregor

elite

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hi everyone

I've been lurking around this and similar groups for a while now, soaking up the information that's out there. I'm about to delve into C++ and also Linux as I have some spare time over the Summer period, so I hope to learn loads.

Gregor

#388 Saleen S7

Saleen S7

The phorce is with me!

• Banned
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

hello! :blowfuse:

#389 cheesybacon

cheesybacon

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:57 PM

im new. i found the site on stumbleupon. im a proud firefox user and i currently use a windows system.

#390 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

Just a post to welcome all of the people who have posted and joined and to all of the future members. This thread is one of the remnants of my good friend bland_inquisitor and still stands as one of the things that makes the Binary Revolution different than most other sites. The title says "welcome" and we mean that. It is directed not only to new users, who are encouraged to post here and feel free from ridicule in this nubieHQ forum, but also to those more experienced hackers out there. When new users post here, and talk about what they know and/or want to learn, it is part of the Binary Revolution tradition to welcome them.

So this is a personal welcome to all of you who are joining the forum from me (the only uber-n00b with a negative post count) to all users. This has always been a fun place to meet people and learn and we are doing our best to keep it that way.

:morpheus:

:paw: "The Revolution Will Be Digitized!"

#391 Schrei

Schrei

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:51 PM

hey

#392 Steph

Steph

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:37 AM

Hey there!! n_n Im just a little lost, of what these forums are actually about? Can somebody please tell me? Thx n_n

#393 snead888

snead888

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hi. I'm Bob. The noob. All i have is my school computer for now. Which is an old apple and all the school lets me have on it internet wise is Explorer and Safari. Also any one know why this site (http://academy.dyndns.org/) doesn't work for me.

#394 wingman358

wingman358

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:21 PM

Hello, all. What can I say? I'm a stupid nub.

#395 spinsane

spinsane

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hi! I'm new. Well old, but returning. Never was that much of a contributor to the forums or anything worthwhile back in the day, but I had my issues. Hope to meet some new people, and get to the local 2600 meeting and see how that's going.

My interest in hacking is pretty general. I just find most of it interesting, but not specifically for me. I will contribute what I can :)

My education these days is towards hacking personal finance :)

#396 suparious

suparious

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:24 AM

I will definetly stay in the Noobie HQ forum for awhile. -_-

#397 Rosenrot

Rosenrot

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:23 AM

Hello all.

#398 ne0nfish

ne0nfish

H4x0r

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Fear me. . . .

#399 Forsakeme4all

Forsakeme4all

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:31 AM

Hi! I'm Kristin; I know some programing code and Linux. Thats about it! But I am interested in learning and thats why I am here. I am in college trying earn my computer science degree; I use the word trying beucause I was really never good at shool work. :-) I hope you guys can teach me something I can use for fun and for learning purposes.

Edited by Forsakeme4all, 01 June 2006 - 03:32 AM.

#400 Forever-Mango

Forever-Mango

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:51 AM

Hello im new :D

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!