• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:32 PM

i figured i'd try for a cellphone so i could have some fun whenever i get the urge to do so, and not have to worry about where i'm going to find a phone.
i was looking around at the phones available and the plans available and since im not to keen on signing any contracts, and i enjoy having some privacy, i figured i'd go for the pay as you go type of thing. the only service provider available around here is rogers and the phones the retailers are selling cost at least $150.
the question i have to ask is can i use any gsm ready phone to connect to the rogers pay as you go service? i'd really like to avoid paying $170 after taxes for a phone if i can find something on ebay for 30 bucks since the pay as you go service charges 33 cents a minute.

#2 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

Dosen't the AT&T GoPhone give you free nights and weekends? I think that would be my choice for a pay-as-you-go phone. The phone is like $100, which isn't too bad, considering the luxury of unlimited usage during off-peak hours.

#3 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:17 PM

after a bit of reading up, that gophone sounds like the best option but i'm limited by my location. they don't offer service in n/w ontario. i found an onlline deal for a refurbished nokia 5165 which doesn't look too bad, i'l have to hunt down a buddy with a credit card and my quest will be finished.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!