• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:54 AM

When the power went out at 4:20 pm yesterday, the only thing that worked was my phone. I did have a little trouble placing long distance calls on verizon lines, but the dialarounds worked fine. I needed to know what the fuck was going on so I grabbed my little battery-powered radio to listen to the news, but the 9-volt was dead. But I did know of an alternative way to hear the news. There is a local phone number here in NY for the ABC newswire. I found the number in a 20 year old text-file, and the damn number still worked. It's a good thing I knew about this number because whenever I wanted to hear the updates, I would just dial it up and I was able to hear the news through my phone. There are about 10 numbers in a row for this thing and they were busy for about 2 hours at one point during the day. I bet it was a couple of old phreaks using it. All I know is that it was very convenient when night fell, and I had no other options.

#2 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:25 PM

What was the number? :WHAT:

#3 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:40 PM

i was talking to phreakblaze on that new chat room. but it was pretty crazy we got power back at midnight. I was on my way to my local CO but there was people there.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!