• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zerooffline

zerooffline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:43 AM

Hey guys, this is my first time to the forum, and first time posting. I did a little browsing and have already found some things that I liked. I guess the reason i'm posting is because I want to get a definition of a phreaker and some other things. For instance, assuming a phreaker is a phone hacker, what is it that a beginner should do in order to get into the scene?

I've been to PLA site, and I receive 2600 quarterly which have shown me some articles, and I found my way to this site. However a lot of the txt files seem old and poorly written, I don't know what is useful and what isn't. If you guys can, inform me on the topics which could make me become a more experienced phreaker, and I will do my best to read up and study. I have a friend who works for verizon, maybe he'll have something useful I can read or something. But knowing what that is, is the first step.

I hope you guys can see what I'm trying to say, I'm not the best at explaining myself. If you can provide me with the direction I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:55 AM

I'd start by building a beige box, then a CD redbox.

#3 zerooffline

zerooffline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:59 AM

But the question is why should I build a beige box and then a CD redbox... and what do each of them do? how will they help me etc.

#4 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:04 PM

ftp.2600.com

look for a folder called "boxes" and look at all the phreak boxes

#5 zerooffline

zerooffline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:24 PM

I found the box descriptions at ftp.2600.com (which included beige box) but what is the difference between a CD redbox and just a normal redbox.

And isn't redboxing dead?

EDIT: I just spent 5 seconds looking up a CD Redbox and I found it. Another question about it though. I have a little muvo mp3 player. Do you think this would be better then using a discman with a cdr?

#6 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:35 PM

:D If youre here, youre on the scene. The only advice that most people can give you is read, read, read. You might want to check out:

www.hackerhost.com/lph
www.hackcanada.com
www.oldskoolphreak.com
spunge.telco-insiders.org

#7 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:39 PM

basicly just browse forums. heres a few sites with forums
www.logical-thoughts.tk
www.undergroundsystems.org
www.slipnet.org
www.port7alliance.com
www.hackers.co.za

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!