• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:41 AM

yeah, same with me...I cant throw away parts becuase I (or someone) may be able to use them. My bigger problem is books...I cannot bear to throw away a book. It feels like sacrilege to throw away knowledge. When I moved the most recent time, I finally broke down and gave away some books because they were just too heavy to move and carry. It was heart wrenching. :cry:

#22 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:15 AM

i dont have that many books, but i have enough to fill some shelves, thats the problem with most computer books, they are soo damn thick!! well, anyway, i still need some new C/C++ books and maybe i will be getting into perl so ima need some more books there.........

#23 GodH8sMe

GodH8sMe

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:22 AM

:voteyes:

I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

Video media online isn't as prevalent as audio and text. So it's nice to get some visuals when you can.

Of course nothing in the video is new to any of us, and I'm sure most of us here have done everything in the video (maybe not exactly like presented, but in one form or another). However, I can think of a few hundred thousand people that have no idea these sorts of things go on. Granted, some are not ready to know (holy crap did that sound Matrixy or what? :P), but some just need a little insight into another world to get themselves started.

There are people out there who have different thoughts and feelings than the mainstream and may not know where to go with them. The more alternative media the better. Hopefully someone will be exposed to this that may learn just one or two things, and take that knowledge and grow from it. How many times were you exposed to something you knew nothing about, but managed to retain a few key words (even though you didn't know what they meant) that you later used to feed your hunt for info on the topic?

I remember reading the word "phreak" for the first time. I had no idea what the fuck that meant. Harnessing the power of my 386/20 and 2400 baud modem I was able to track down a few BBSes that had primitive search capabilities for the files on the system. Turns out "phreak" turned up lots of weird hits... lot's of text files... matching with "boxes"... pretty soon I had more information than I knew what to do with.

I understand that maybe the pizza gag (did he disable caller ID?) might give some people the wrong idea, but chances are they're the same people that really don't have a clue about the world they're living in anyway. Unfortunately these are usually the people that hold office in this country, but they are usually so far into the world as they know it there is no freeing their mind (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose).

I must say I thought the quality (not the encoding quality, I shit better DivX than that, the filmography) of the video was above par for a free 'net video. Let's hope it gets more involved.

I'm going say, :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: .5, three and a half.

Plus, tell me that having subtitles on the Ramzi part wasn't hilfuckingarious.

#24 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:28 PM

lol, i have so much dumpster dived parts, well, none of them really work, but i just cant throw this shit away, and its shit, they're all broken but i just dont have the heart to throw out these parts.....anyway space is definetely becoming an issue so i will be throwing some stuff out......

Give them an honorable death, like tapeing them to some explosives or something.

#25 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:35 PM

they have a store know, u can buy a t-shirt, they have a new web disign, looks pretty cool. But T-shirts.. ?

#26 Crimson_Binome

Crimson_Binome

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 11:25 PM

Give them an honorable death, like tapeing them to some explosives or something.

LOL!!!

they have a store know, u can buy a t-shirt, they have a new web disign, looks pretty cool. But T-shirts.. ?

well, there may be further corporate motivations to this series...someones wanting to make money.

#27 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:33 PM

I just received an email from The Broken email list telling me to go buy shit in their online store. This show is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. They put out a flashy video with nothing very new or interesting and then send me more than one email saying "the next episode will be out soon but in the mean time buy our stuff". I hope they're not doing this just to draw in a newbie fan base that will be suckered into thinking The Broken is "1337" just so they will buy t-shirts and whatnot.

what's up everybody - we've got some big news! episode 2 is in its final editing stages. you can expect the final product in just a week or two. we've also opened our store - right now we have two shirts for sale. first, is the classic logo of thebroken and second, is our very popular hacking with ramzi t-shirt!
check out our store at: www.thebroken.org/store.php

thanks for supporting thebroken

_thebroken organization

#28 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:39 PM

rofl, i guess they need money to scam the pizza place again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#29 swank

swank

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:31 PM

I thought it was ok. They dont get into the nitty gritty details of war driving but at least they give a rundown of whats needed and the basic jist of the whole operation so that newbies can know where to start. I believe they are doing this on purpose as to start off at a simple level and build up from there. Hopefully the next video will be better.

#30 lowtec

lowtec

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:46 PM

I think they did an awesome job. Granted its not pure technical content, but cmon, if you really want pure technical content go read some RFC's. You are watching a video after all. The humor and laid back attitudes (sippin 40's) make the show fun and enjoyable.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!