• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:29 AM

I used to pull "reverse" pranks all the time. What I would do is go on some random partyline, and set up my recording equiptment. Then I would play a prerecorded message from the police department or something. (...thank you for calling the new york state police hotline, please hold and someone will answer your call....) Then I would cut off the prerecorded message, and come onto the line. (...new york state police tipline, this is officer decoder, how can I help you...) I would let them fuck with me for a few minutes, and then the fun began. I started telling them that the call was being traced, I told them the phone number and name of the partyline we were on, I told them the room # we were in, and that I was going to contact the people who owned the partyline and the telco, get all of their phone numbers and have them arrested. I told them it was a 2nd degree felony to harrass or participate in the harrassment of a police officer. They all thought I was a real cop so everyone there started shitting their pants, telling me that they just got in the room, they were telling me their real names, everything! When I would play those tapes for my friends, they couldn't stop laughing. That was back in '94 or '95. No one was doing reverse pranks then, (until the Jerky Boys came out with #5 i think, where they put ads in the paper so people would call them), so I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to do reverse pranks. :P :wacko:

#22 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:05 AM

good show, good show :D

#23 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:02 PM

do you still have those tapes decoder? they sound like good listening ^_^

#24 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

I wish I still had those tapes! I would be selling them on a street corner somewhere! Maybe I'll come up with a new angle (or use the old cop one) and make some more tapes.......I mean digital recordings. hahahahah

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!