23 replies to this topic

#1 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:30 PM

Did you ever get a prank call?
I got one today 12:14 AM at midnight and it seemed serious. I don't remember hanging out with "gangsters" or even going out at all. I don't have a lot of friends so I don't know. Hm... here's the conversation, although it seemed unclear because the dude was a bit too quick.

me: hello?
pranker: yeah you - (didn't hear correctly, must've been bitch)
me: what? (I said whatever a little low but enough so he could hear me)
pranker: you owe me money for - (eightball? I think he said that, any of you know what this mean?)
me: what money?
pranker: you - (didn't hear) you scumbag
me: yeah... whatever (hanged up)

He called on my cell (I was on the internet at this time and he probably knows my home phone too) and when I picked up, it said "BLOCKED NUMBER". Am using 3360 Nokia.

Have you guys ever received a prank? Tell us how did you prevent it, what phone the bitch called you from, and did it sound serious/scary? I hate prank call, as long as they don't use threat, I don't mind it. If it's funny, I'll even play along, like I remember being pranked from my school-friends. But when they go "YOU OWE ME MONEY YOU SHIT, I'LL KILL YOU, DIE MO-FO!". Or when they are extremely unclear. Then it's not funny.

#2 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:38 PM

Oh yeah, I think he even knows my name. Just fyi.

#3 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:40 PM

An eightball is a certain amount of cocaine. Something similar to the nickel bag/dime bag measuring of weed.

#4 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:41 PM

I don't do drug.

Thanks ntheory. :cry:

#5 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:44 PM

Neither do I. If I did I'd never be able to program! :) Damn, I'm too geeky...

Edit:

<RANDOM>Nice lucid dreaming link on your page, BTW.</RANDOM>

#6 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:49 PM

Thanks! I wrote that.

#7 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:06 AM

Neither do I. If I did I'd never be able to program! :) Damn, I'm too geeky...

Edit:

actually an eightball is just a mesurement of powders in general ( coke, meth, herion) shit like that

ntheory: if you did do drugs like coke or meth you would be able to program and fast too!!!! :)

j/k don't do drugs!!! used to be not anymore and really happy:)

#8 v90

v90

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:09 AM

Lucid dreaming is cool :) And yeah I had an Arnold Schwarzneger [sic] one like 1 year ago...

#9 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:48 AM

Actually, an "eightball" simply means 3.5 grams, or an eighth of an ounce, just like when you buy an eighth of weed. An ounce of cocaine would be referred to as an "onion". Anyway, prank calls can be fun sometimes, but sometimes they might make you a bit nervous, depending on what they know about you, and what they say to you (i.e. threaten). I would use *57 for call trace, or use some of your phreaker skills to illegally get the # of the pranker. One easy thing to do is a technique that is (jokingly) referred to as "cream boxing". What you do is, use your social engineering skills to trick the pranker in to calling a toll-free # that is eqipped with ANI, whether it be having him call an ANAC while he's on the phone with you, or getting him to call an 800 # that you have access to for the ANI records. One good # is 1(888)324-8686. You can obtain a call detail dating back to 1999 by visiting www.voicemailconnect.ws , entering 18883248686 as "your" number, and 9999 as the password. (this is not an exploit, it is a feature offered by the voicemail service for demonstational purposes)

#10 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:19 AM

Leave the 1 off of the 888 number when entering it into the webpage or it'll choke.

Pretty cool idea but I didn't see any numbers in the past 31 days (and I don't want to throw my number up on there). I guess I'll have to call from a payphone.

#11 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:48 AM

Drugs r bad, don't do drugs, Mkay.

But anayway, thats an interesting number decoder, and nice work on the exchange scaning text. I was, while back, receiving a prank phone call once a night, sometimes i would answer and say in a sleepy, confused way, " hellllo" and they would say "is bill there" everytime. One time a friend stayed over for the night and it rang, he got it, they asked for bill (whoever the fuck that is) so my friend says OK, and hands me the phone!!!

Then a few nights later, I put an end to it by picking up and in a deep voice saying hello?, they asked for bill? and i just stared screaming that bill wasn't there, and i'll kill them if they call again. I forget exactly what i said, but i havent heard from the since.

#12 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

sorry about this, my comps not going good today, and my internet is screwed up.
This post is not meant to be here. my computer just fucked up.

#13 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:45 AM

just blame it on the poor defenseless computer <_< <_<

#14 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:51 AM

phreakblaze - the reason why your computer is messed up is because I just hax0r3d your computer :lol: :D
:help: phreakblaze

All I'm seeing is solutions, any experiences beside phreak's prank? :D

#15 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:58 AM

yeah, there's a bunch of assholes callin me from time to time, and they dont even try and prank me, they just call me and wait like 10 seconds then hang up and do it again, i start cussin and i can hear the dudes laughin in the background....anyway, its not really bothersome, its just that i would expect more if somebody wants to prank me.
i know i used to prank ppl and my pranks were hella funny...anyway, i guess i just expect more from these guys, maybe i should teach them a lesson in prank callin......umm yeah, this is the fbi, do you know that prank calling is considered a federal felony and is punishable by up to 5 years in jail!?
umm....shit......dial tone

lmao...that'd be great

#16 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

Anyone else find the number of people here who know what the drug refference "8-ball" means kinda funny? Sad thing is I was also going to piont that out... :lol:

Prank calls are uncool, I suggest you pull a call trace if it happens again..

#17 Sephice-K

Sephice-K

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:36 PM

:lol: Call trace. I wonder how. If you're telling me I have to call him... I'm lost, it said "BLOCKED NUMBER". :help:

#18 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,212 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:57 PM

i don't recall the last prank call i've gotten. We used to call people all the time. I remember once getting some old lady thinking i was her grandchild and i was thanking her for a easter basket. Anyways to do a call trace i do belive you press *57 or maybe it was *72. You have to use the trace feature right after the phone call. So in your case whenever you called someone or someone called you then you could not trace the party that pranked you.

#19 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:33 PM

check through some of the first posts in this section. i've detailed a prank there and some action afterward. B)

#20 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:25 PM

You want to hear of me pranking, well this is kinda a reverse prank. at rest stops i answere the payphone pranks, and prank them. I always answer and say somthing like" *city i'm in* police," or "Wackey Franks Hotdogs, We garentee its not cat!" Well those are just examples. Next time i do it, i'll write down what i said, I never have anything set up, it just kinda comes out of my mouth. :lol: :o :D

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!