Photo
- - - - -

Webcam spy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sparrow

sparrow

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:28 PM

I have been wondering how to activate someone's webcam silently using command line. I know there is MSN, INstant Messenger that will show live video on both ends but how to activate on one end. I have tried on my networkbut couldnt work it out !! Not sure if webcam have their own IP address ? My webcam is Logitech Pro 5000. Would netcat do the job ?

#2 replax

replax

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

no

webcams connected to pc's do not have their own ip. They are USB devices. You probably want to look into directshow/directx on how to capture video from a webcam. It is relatively easy, but requires some software on the pc to do it.

#3 sparrow

sparrow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

no

webcams connected to pc's do not have their own ip. They are USB devices. You probably want to look into directshow/directx on how to capture video from a webcam. It is relatively easy, but requires some software on the pc to do it.

Thanks for your reply, please could you direct me to what software to capture video from webcam ?

Cheers

#4 regret

regret

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:11 PM

I don't know how good any of these are...

#5 sparrow

sparrow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

Let me explain and hope you understand me better, how do you capture video remotely via webcam from someone's PC ?
Is there a command line to access someone's PC and capture video secretly via webcam ?

Cheers

#6 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

Let me explain and hope you understand me better, how do you capture video remotely via webcam from someone's PC ?
Is there a command line to access someone's PC and capture video secretly via webcam ?

Cheers

I call 'malicious intent'.

#7 replax

replax

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:13 PM

there is command line access to the webcam, if you have a command line program that uses microsoft's directshow API. And yes, I too detect malicious intent.

#8 Saleen S7

Saleen S7

The phorce is with me!

• Banned
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

i heard about a way of looking at someones cam while they dont know and its by finding out the serial and typing it in on google and shit but i just heard about it. i dont know if it would actualy work and i highly doubt it

--spelling edited by droops--

#9 digitalgalileo

digitalgalileo

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:05 AM

Not that i'd know, but I think sub7 did that back in the day. Again not that i'd know.

#10 warped_dilema

warped_dilema

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:43 AM

Cheers

I call 'malicious intent'.

I smell some horny english fella.....eeew get away from me

#11 sycorax

sycorax

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:07 AM

I soooooo wanna do this to my friends mam

#12 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:04 PM

I have been wondering how to activate someone's webcam silently using command line. I know there is MSN, INstant Messenger that will show live video on both ends but how to activate on one end. I have tried on my networkbut couldnt work it out !! Not sure if webcam have their own IP address ? My webcam is Logitech Pro 5000. Would netcat do the job ?

Well, in theory...

To get video from someone's cam you would either have to intercept data from an existing web conference or else build a trojan that uses their webcam and sends the pictures back to you - of course you'd need to find a way to get them to install the trojan and that's all highly illegal anyway.

I don't think you could easily control someone's cam remotely unless they'd set it up themselves to do that and either forgot to use a password or used a week one.

If you'd like to mess around with webcams and have a go at coding something to use them yourself, you need to investigate Microsoft's DirectShow. Good luck with that... :wacko:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!