- - - - -

Dial into cell phone - force it to dial out

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_DefNubie_***

GUEST_DefNubie_***
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:20 PM

I'm definitely a Nubie so I hail all the great intelligence that may grace my post. Question: Is it possible to use a modem to dial into a cell phone and send it a script to dial out another number of my choosing? I ask this, because it happened to me. And I think I know the punk who did it. So, alls fair in phreak and hack, right? Here's what happened. I answered my phone, which IDed the call as a number I had never seen, and I heard a modem sound. Like when I used to dial in to an ISP. Then another number popped up on my LCD and my phone began dialing. I hung up, but my bill still showed it dialed it. There's a story behind why I'm mad it dialed that number and how I know, okay think, who did it, but that's for another time. Anybody got good enough kungfu to explain this one? Thanks to anyone who may be able to help.

#2 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:07 PM

I've never heard of such a thing, but you failed to mention how long this "rogue" phone call lasted. It should say the call duration on your bill. I know that on oki 900's, the person your calling can enter dtmf tones that would register in the memory of the oki, but I'm fairly sure your not using an oki. But why a cell phone would respond to a modem, I don't know. If this sort of thing is possible, I would love to know about it. How much fun would that be? :ninja:

#3 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:26 PM

decoder: Oh it would be so cool. I closed my phone when the other number popped up and my phone started dialing. But my bill showed it lasted for 4 minutes, even though I hung up. I did read in my phone manual that if I am connected to the cellular data network, that I can not disconnect by simply closing my phone. I have to manually hang it up in the web app I am using. So I'm guessing the phreaker dialed into my phone via the data network. I don't know. I guess that is why I am posting this incident here to see if anyone knows how to do it. :help:

#4 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:11 PM

its possible to do...but i dont know about the scripting part of it..but yes you can dial to the net through a cell phone

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

"web app I am using" ???? :blink: how did an app come into play?

#6 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:44 AM

Web app as in an app I am using through a laptop to connect to the web. My phone can also send faxes from a laptop. The question is can I dial from my PC with a modem to a cell phone and make that cell phone dial another number? That's what has happened to me, and I'm trying to figure out how it was done. :borg:

#7 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:46 AM

what kind of phone do you have?

#8 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:12 PM

Reply to what phone I have: Samsung scha310. I was checking through the manual and saw a section on data and fax communication. That's where I saw that I have to manually hang up the phone if I am trying to execute a data or fax transmission. But what happened to me was someone dialing into my phone and making it dial out. I don't know. Wish I could find out how to do it. It would make cellular phreaking that much more fun! :ranaway:

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:20 PM

be very careful here...can you set up a computer/laptop to dial a cel phone? yes...of course. But then to have the cel phone ROUTE that number to somewhere else? That would only be possibly if the PHONE SERVICE had a feature or vulnerability that allowed such a thing (perhaps 3 way calling exploit or a special *### (star number) of some kind). Even so, the modem dialing would have to send the correct tones or commands to initiate it and neither the modem, or the phone should be able to do that. Modems MODulate the signals and to get them back into anything recognizable, you would have to DEModulate them to tones or whatever. I don't know of a cel phone that can do that, at least not just by answering.

Theoretically it could be possible to have a java app that demodulates the signals, like a modem, but that would be difficult and it couldn't allow call forwarding. The JAVA app can only play in the "sandbox" which does not allow any interaction with the phone service itself for security reasons. That is why I asked about the "app".

Anyway, I have never heard of that happening before. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound logically possible to me.

#10 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:31 PM

I never thought about the 3 way calling. Is there a phreak where you can dial a phone with 3 way calling, take control and use the 3 way calling to dial another number? I'm just talking about land lines know. On another topic, let me ask this, if a phreaker knew the ins and outs of the scha310 software installed on the phone, could he/she dial into the cell phone, send commands using a script that was compatible with the scha310 software and command the phone to dial another number? Just a thought. If it were possible, that would mean the person would have to be intimate with the programming of the Samsung phone. :argue:

#11 defnubie

defnubie

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:08 PM

Does anyone have any more info on this? Thanks to all for the info I have received so far. I really want to burn the idiot who did this to me! :pissed:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!