• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

Everyone is invited to the BR407 meeting this Friday. What we have planned for this meeting:
  • Discussion of the latest 2600 magazine.
  • I will have a draft version of a presentation that I am putting together, possibly for the sixth HOPE.
  • Discussion Plans for HOPE (room/ride sharing, events, participation, etc...).
  • Soliciting volunteers and/or ideas for BRR.
  • Possibly some other presentations from other members. discussions are in the works.
  • More stickers, Ubuntu CDs, MS Security toolkit CDs, etc... to hand out.
If you are in the central Florida area, please feel free to stop by. The meeting start around 5:30 PM, and first activities or presentations will start at around 6 PM, or when people start to arrive. Directions are on the site. If you are in Daytona Beach or Tampa, we would love to see you attend, even though it may be an hour drive or more.

#2 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

I'll be there between 5:30 and 6 pm. I should have a really useful shell script to give anyone that uses Ubuntu, or even Debian if you feel like doing some minor alteration to it. It'll work on Ubuntu out of the box on Dapper installs, I prepared it for the upcoming release. Anyone with any questions about it can ask me there, or wait until a couple days before the release. Ha! :P

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

Do you have any "new recruits" to bring?

I will have a presentable rough draft of my possible HOPE presentation. I welcome any ideas/suggestions on it. Anyone out there reading this who has never come to a meeting, this one will be a good one to attend!

#4 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

Theres is a guy at work, I mean he spent all day today futzing with backtrack and auditor ... and is busy at home at night doing the same sort of stuff. He seems interested, but lacks motivation for some reason. I showed him the thread here (he saw it over my shoulder) and said he wanted a toolkit CD. I told him he has to come with me, heh. I mentioned the meeting in front of my 15 or so member LUG too. Odds are at least one person was interested enough to Google Binrev and will probably show in addition to the usuals. I also plan on doing the word of mouth thing on my lunch hour tomorrow at Seminole Community College (It's right next door and has a tech/programming program I plan on infiltrating, heh). I checked and Foundations of Novell and Intro to IP Telephony both end at 12:15, I have the room numbers.

Inspiration just struck, and I'm off to create some semblance of a flyer but time is not on my side. Plus, I really suck at that, so if anyone can help me it's appreciated.

#5 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:51 AM

It was a pretty cool meeting. We spent some time talking about the meeting itself and a few projects people have going on. Someone brought up a cool tool I didn't know about called the "Shared Computer Toolkit" from Microsoft. I figured I would point it out since I hadn't seen it. It seems way more useful than Deep Freeze. I noticed it's like other MS software lately in that you need to register, validate and promise to never wack off again (OK, maybe you can still whack off, but I'd read the EULA), but it is awesome for shared computers and kiosks, and we spent some time talking about its uses.

I found this channel 9 video on it:
http://download.micr...oolkit_2005.wmv

I had to leave around 8:30 or so because it was my birthday and I had a boat to catch. I'm sure there was more good discussion though. There are a few very smart and cool people attending these 407 meetings. I enjoy going.

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

RightCoast, remind me to tell you about my little "excursion" there towards the end of the meeting. It was fucking bizarre and I thought I was going to have to kick some dudes ass.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!