• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bizurke

Bizurke

Thought Criminal

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

I want to get something started in the Three-One-Nine. I live in Cedar Rapids which is the largest city in the 319 area code and 2nd largest in the state. I think we could have some good meetings here. There are a lot of places with public Wi-Fi and there is a mesh wifi network through out the downtown area and on all the city buses (any up for a meeting on a bus?? j/k)

Anyway, Suggestions for meeting places.

Anywhere Downtown (Mesh WiFi) perhaps The Blue Strawberry on 2nd ST. They have their own open wifi and there's some geeks that work there (I think).

Any one of many coffee shops with WiFi

Lindale Food Court (I would prefer not doing this, lack of payphones, lack of internet)

An there's other places.

let me know if your interested

bizurke at gmail

#2 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

Whatever happen to Westdale Mall? That still around? I'm in the 319 atleast for the summer.

Edited by djmollusk, 08 May 2006 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Bizurke

Bizurke

Thought Criminal

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:28 AM

Yeah Westdale is there, but only like 35% of the stores are in use. I think maybe 1 payphone works (the one I cracked my first VMB from) and it overall just sucks. I talked to a guy who works at the Blue Strawberry (coffee shop) and he said they're open till 9 on weekdays and they wouldn't mind having us at all. They also have their own AP and about 3 more you can grab from there, at least 3 more open ones. I'm going to suggest Blue Strawberry as the place.

I didn't know you were back here for the summer. We'll have to meet up some time, I'll give you a call or something.

#4 Bizurke

Bizurke

Thought Criminal

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

Ok so I'm going to do this even though I know that no one will show up. So here's the deal. We're meeting at the Blue Strawberry (coffee shop) 118 2nd St Se, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401 directions.

I spaced out and didn't realize June has 5 fridays so I plan to meet on the 2nd to last (instead of 3rd) friday. That's June 23rd. Then every 3rd friday after that at 7:00pm.

The Blue Strawberry has a relaxed atmosphere, free wifi access, good coffee and food, and they are very friendly and have no problem with us meeting there at all. They are open until 9pm on Fridays so the meeting can go up to 2hrs and if it carries on from there we can go to one of many bars, clubs, restaraunts, or parks in the Cedar Rapids Downtown area.

If you plan to go let me know..

How will you recognize me? I'm the guy with the blue mohawk.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!