• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:59 AM

ok, i fi for example wanted to host a site on one of my own boxes that are behind a router, how would i go about configuring the router to route the requests for the site to the box i have the server running on. If i have 3 machines, and one of them is the server, i want the router to know that, how would i go about doing that?? i have a blitzz netcruiser brt200 router.....any links or help would be appreciated.

#2 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:46 AM

Ok, I'm not an expert or anything, I might be rong even, and i don't know how to configure them (well, and not that type at all). From the internet, when people look at your ip, they only see you router. Yuo need to do a config change, so that from the internet, they will see the server. thats as far as i can go. i hope it helped or something. I don't have broadband and havent had to worry about this. good luck.

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:56 AM

yeah, i know i have to do that, i just dont know how, so i was wondering if anyone has any pointers.

#4 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

is there a way to http to your router and get in the config there.

#5 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:35 PM

is there a way to http to your router and get in the config there.

i think the default to config your router is 192.168.1.1 and then default pass for linksys is admin!! hehe

#6 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:09 PM

you have to tell your router to forward all packets with a destination port 80 to your server.

#7 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:30 PM

yeah, i can get into the config, and yeah, i know thats what i have to do, i was just asking for some links to any sites with advice or stuff like a tutorial or something. hmm, maybe the filter section....

#8 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:41 PM

ok, i got it, its a feature called virtual servers, and it can route a shitload of requests to up to 12 servers on the internal network....if anybody need any help with stuff like this...download the manual to the router or your hardware, it always helps to read the manual before posting online to bore people....

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!