• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

So, it's my freshmen year in highschool, and within' the first week of starting I already got accepted to be a Teacher Assistant with the Tech ppl at my school.

Anyways, while they had me do a few things on the computers at school, they made me install something called Vision, if you haven't heard of it then I will explain:

Vision is a tool such as Radmin that allows remote connection to a PC for screen viewing, etc.

A teacher can control an entire classroom of computers with this.

http://www.genovalogic.com for more info/downloads.

So, the story goes like this:
I was in class doing a project and the teacher was looking at MY screen only (like every day) and starts yelling across the room what im typing and im doing it wrong, and that just got me mad. So, I made a quick tool that will delete Vision from a PC.

Don't use this if your going to do it on every PC and be like "omg l33t h4x0r im so cool", it's just for anyone that doesn't want the damn teachers to look at your screen :angry:

I made it in VB:
Posted Image

Download Link:
http://www.web2sucks.com/Un-Vision.rar

Edited by Trikk, 23 April 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#2 vic

vic

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:22 PM

uhh.. grats.

#3 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:11 PM

you spelt 'destroy' wrong in the button text

#4 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

hahaha, oh well :P

I made it quick anyways, like 10-20 mins tops lol

#5 mausa

mausa

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

so if it delets this program, won't the teacher notice, that it is gone and that he cannot acess your computer's screen anymore?

#6 Eggman

Eggman

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:20 AM

so if it delets this program, won't the teacher notice, that it is gone and that he cannot acess your computer's screen anymore?

Agreed, Nice program but overall worthless. You'll be in heaps o' trouble when they find out you deleted this program and distributed the deleter.

#7 droops

droops

Arduino Addict

• Moderating Team
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

i think its cool, i dont think it would be smart to use, as it seems schools really crack down on things like this. but i think the tool is fucking cool

you should post your source code for this.

#8 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:36 AM

i think its cool, i dont think it would be smart to use, as it seems schools really crack down on things like this.  but i think the tool is fucking cool 

you should post your source code for this.

Agreed. This is cool, as long as you don't get caught. Nothing pisses me off more than people spying on me. Just make sure you can cover your tracks.

So, how does it work?

#9 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• 742 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:40 AM

I'm assuming that it looks at the Task Manager and if it notices a certain process (Vision) to kill the process. It would be nice to view the source though.

#10 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:33 AM

I'm assuming that it looks at the Task Manager and if it notices a certain process (Vision) to kill the process. It would be nice to view the source though.

I tried doing that for DameWare mini remote, but it just re-launches after you kill it. Maybe there's another process I haven't spotted that keeps it alive.

Edited by coding_monkey, 24 April 2006 - 03:34 AM.

#11 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

There is an easier way to disable the Master Solutions Vision Client, and at the same time keep the files intact. I'm assuming XP is blocking your permission to access the hard drive outside of your My Docs folder. Navigate to My Documents, to My Pictures then to Sample Pictures. Then, in Windows Explorer Hit the "UP LEVEL" folder button till your in the root directory. From here navigate your way to Program Files/Master Solutions/Vision. Open up the config tool and highlight (Do not start before login). From this point forward, you can right click the vision task icon and select close.

Cheers :-)

#12 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

Well, for one, teachers are plain stupid in high school. See, when they open vision they get a list of PC's, they hardly even check to see which do not work, and if it does get removed and they noticed, all I say is that the tech ppl installed a new copy a few days ago.

I have only made it for Win2K so far (for file paths, I uses C:\WinNT, but I will make it for Win2K and XP soon)

As for the source code, I will probably post sometime soon.

BrakeDanceJ: heh, I did not know about that, but, doubtfully that will work on our computers. Our school does not use DeepFreeze or anything, they use a script and it disallows any use of .exe files etc. only ones on a certain list for certain file paths (i.e. Microsoft Word, IE, Mozilla, etc.)

That may work for some, but not for us. Instead, I just burn this to a CD and use auto-run and it works well for me, dont know why they haven't stopped the use of CD's, prob. for installers etc.

Also, I have admin, and can login, but when you login as admin your screen changes and teachers will notice :-/

Edited by Trikk, 24 April 2006 - 08:26 AM.

#13 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• 1,146 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

A better and far more challenging implementation would allow you to provide the teachers with a static fake-screen: regardless of what you are doing, the far-end can only see a pre-generated screenshot.. something like an innocent google search or the desktop background with a few harmless looking tabs in the taskbar.

People generally trust what machines are telling them until they have had a reason not to. <_< -_-

#14 raZer

raZer

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

A better and far  more challenging implementation would allow you to provide the teachers with a static fake-screen: regardless of what you are doing, the far-end can only see a pre-generated screenshot.. something like an innocent google search or the desktop background with a few harmless looking tabs in the taskbar.

People generally trust what machines are telling them until they have had a reason not to.  <_<  -_-

I completely agree.
Or if you want to make it a bit more convincing, make a loop of some innocent screen activity and play it back (I have no idea how on earth you would manage that)

#15 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

A better and far  more challenging implementation would allow you to provide the teachers with a static fake-screen: regardless of what you are doing, the far-end can only see a pre-generated screenshot.. something like an innocent google search or the desktop background with a few harmless looking tabs in the taskbar.

People generally trust what machines are telling them until they have had a reason not to.  <_<  -_-

I completely agree.
Or if you want to make it a bit more convincing, make a loop of some innocent screen activity and play it back (I have no idea how on earth you would manage that)

Make a video of it then play it back using a control.
But, talking about getting in trouble, you even touch a teachers computer and your pretty much owned.

#16 BrakeDanceJ

BrakeDanceJ

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

Has anyone reverse-engineered the Vision client protocol yet? If so blast me the documentation, and ill get to work.

#17 SUB-S0NIX

SUB-S0NIX

!Pee-Wee Pimpin!

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

Heh, nice program! So basically Vision is a backdoor screen capture program, correct? Do you know what port the server runs on and can one download the client application and monitor users like the teacher does? It would be funny to install a server on a teachers computer and have them monitor you while your monitoring them! :P

#18 XxthugstylezxX

XxthugstylezxX

a55 k1553r

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:15 PM

why do you guys make things harder then they should be? Why not just arp poison another computer on the lab =p so when the teacher runs the program they'll be looking at the other computer and thinking its you? or when your teacher says hey why cant i view your computer. you just type cmd > shutdown -i and shut down the teachers computer. Nice program none the less, makes me want to start programming again.

#19 Trikk

Trikk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

Last time we tried to ARP poison at school, the net admin detected it and went on a little hunt.

#20 Zeph

Zeph

OMG, so close to "1337"!

• 1,319 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

Nice program, I would like to see the source though. Keep up the good work.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!