• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:10 PM

Hello. I'm a newbie to phreaking. I've constructed and used both a beige box, and a red box. That's not really saying much however, both are pretty easy. I've been reading all I can and lurking on these boards, picking up little nuggets of info.

Anyways, I'm working on finding a computer I can use to wardial, until then I must do so by hand. It's tedious, and boring.

Anyways, if someone could give some exaples of say, an ANI, DATU, Ringback, and/or sweep tone, to get me started, I'd greatly apreciate it.

#2 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:15 PM

I would suggest that you hand scan. It's really the best way to learn. A good trick is to get an automatic dialer. Program in the area you want to scan, and dial the last 2 digits of each phone # manually. It saves your dialing finger from wear and tear. Some ANI #'s are:
1 800) 213-2233-pat live toll free anac
1 800) 483-2975- " " " " "
1 800) 444-4444-MCI anac
1 800) 240-1411-car credit? anac (bi-lingual..learn your # en espanol)

#3 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:31 PM

well there are plenty of threads about finding your DATU, and it will take time, just keep looking. Your anac could be 958, all of new jersey uses that. and the ring back for nj is 550-xxxx then flash the hook three times(xxxx id thne last four numbers of the payphone number, if you do it from home it is 550-xxx-xxxx, you know what the x stand for). If they all are on the same number that is good and bad (and it might not work from payphones [datus don't]), you know the number for the ringback, anac, and other tests. but it would take longer to find. if they are all togerther, it would be on a system like a datu call a SASS Unit and has a passcode, i don't have a sass unit in my area (or nj) which means that anac, ringback and tone sweeps are all on diffrent numbers, i'm yet to find my tone sweep numbers. hope this helps and now that i think of it, someone had gotten into a sass unit by hitting something while it was doing the anac (instead of promting for a passcode). good luck finding it. :voteyes: :voteyes: :D :voteyes:

#4 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:01 PM

In NY, the anac is 958-xxxx and 990-xxxx. the ringback is 660-xxxx, or from home, 660+your 7 digit phone #. The DATU's are hard to find depending on where you live, but I can say that for Manhattan & the Bronx, there is an 800# you can call that prompts you to "enter the area code and NNX(sic, it's NXX of course). That transfers you to the DATU on any Verizon owned land-line exchange in NPA's 212, 917, 646 and parts of 718. The DATU also asks you for the 10-digit subscriber line, instead of 7-digit because A few C.O.'s in NyC have exchanges in 2 or 3 area codes...sometimes more.

#5 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:12 PM

wow, thats pretty cool looks like you have most of you numbers, i go to manhatten alot in the summer, this will help me.

#6 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:09 PM

You're lucky that you live in Jersey, though. The DATU's are all on 9935 (if you get the right exchange) Speaking of which, whatever happened to the phonerangers? Anyway, I used to fuck this chick from NJ, and I would DATU her line occasionally to see if she was on the phone and stuff. I guess I used it too much, because they changed the password. (it was default) Sorry to all the 856 residents in that particular c.o. heheheh

#7 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:42 AM

well my co datu is at 732-477-9935, and i know the admin passcode (default its *2222222) and i went in there to clear any trace that i was on by clearing the something or another. Any way, i went in there and enabled the force disconect (optoin 9 on normal use) that lets you dissconnect a convo if the line man need to use the line. I also added an exchange to the possible exchanged it can test, it can now test 555( its fake but i "test" loops in there all the time(for fun). but recently i've been toneing down my usage of this service to save it for my self, or when i want to dissconnect my friends line for 999 mins. For you, an 800 datu is great, that means you can reach it from a payphone.

#8 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:41 AM

I've only got in the admin menu on DATUs in jersey and in Queens. It seems like a lot of the NY ones aren't on default. The user code is almost always default, but the admin isnt. Maybe they're getting wise.

#9 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:17 AM

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, if that helps.

I'll have to try out those NY and NJ ones, see if they work.

Thanks, I apreciate the help.

Ringback would be cool, especially since i found the perfect trunk. I'm gonna ringback some poor fool, and pretend it's god calling.

#10 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:15 PM

when you use ringback now, at least where I live, you hear a non-stop high pitch tone. I remember back in the days there used to be no tone, but apparantly everyone was using it for their own personal in-house intercom. Ya know, making the phone ring so someone in another part of your house would pick up and you could talk to them. Of course, the telco needed these things, and the lines were always busy, so they toned it out. I don't remember exactly when they toned it out here in NY, but I think it was in the early 90's. By the way, heres some numbetrs for your n00bie enjoyment:

1 800)700-3733-Los Angeles office of MCI
1 800)860-1020-Quest Communications
1 800)466-4600-Global Crossing customer service
1 800)772-1296-Apple computer software 900 support line

#11 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:26 PM

Yes here too it gives a high pitch tone. I noticed that that the details on the sass unit had ringback and anac (usual numbers) but it also included sweeptone features and that makes me figure that if the anac and ringback are on diffrent numbers, wont there be sweep tone numbers. If anyone has found them, let me know, what type of number they are at ( EX, XXX, or XXX-XXXX) it will help me find mine, i don't know what they are for (if they are still around/used) but it would be cool, im guesing that it would work cause it was an option on the sass unit.

#12 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:33 PM

I've got 2 notebooks filled with exchange scans done in the past 3 months, and I have yet to find a sweeptone. The only sweeptone I have is a wav. I forgot what site I got it from.

#13 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:47 AM

yeah i didn't think there were many or any of those types of numbers, what would they be used for anyway???

#14 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:28 PM

The only thing I've ever heard a sweep tone used for is to piss everyone off on a conference.

#15 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:03 PM

The only thing I've ever heard a sweep tone used for is to piss everyone off on a conference.

Well isn't that what its all about???
just kidding, but it would be cool to have one, and i guess if there is still recordings ending in " thanks for useing nynex" or" bellatlantic" then there must be some somewhere. :voteyes: :lol:

#16 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:18 PM

I'm sure there's a few around, I guess I just haven't been looking in the right places. Some dickface on the PLA 435 brigde sure seems to know about at least one, unless his is a wav too.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!