• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Apoc

Apoc

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, there is a VERY easy use for this, you guys just aren't thinking easy enough. After I confirm my method works a few times Ill let you guys know here.

#22 googleisgod

googleisgod

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:13 AM

can anyone tell me how sensative the barcode scanners are?

i have a barcode generator program, which allows me to select I2of5 option, and the bar code looks almost IDENTICAL to the real one on the ticketmaster ticket.

There is one or two places where it looks like the spacing is off by a small fraction.

does anyone know how sensative the scanners are?

#23 googleisgod

googleisgod

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:38 AM

can someone with a scanner do me a hugeeeeeee favor?

go to this free generator site:

http://www.terryburt...iter/generator/

change the format to 2inter5.

type in the numbers for a real ticketmaster ticket and see if the barcode that the generator generates reads the same as the orignal ticket?

See if it reads exactly the same.

This information would really help me out!

Thanks so much.

-Google

#24 devsys

devsys

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

The scanners I've seen are all handheldscanner gun looking things. If you ever seen one of the inventory scanners at a target and such, thats exactly what they look like.

Those style scanners have tw methods usually -- sync wirelessly to a server or plug in to a serial port and download. AFAIK they dontsync in real time -- only in batches at the end, although I suspect that wouldnt be the case in this situation...

#25 googleisgod

googleisgod

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:40 AM

come on people hellpppp

#26 Agent011

Agent011

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

I haven't got a scanner, but the barcode printed by the generator is identical to the ones in the photos

#27 Agent011

Agent011

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Would it be possible to honeypot attack the Symbol SPT1800 scanners generally used at these events? would they be using 802.11 standard, or a different wireless standard? (My thinking goes along the lines of: kick all of the scanners of the server, clone the server, and have them connect to a clone which would authorize all possible tickets) Again... not sure of the plausibility of this...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!