• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

1st welcome to the board. the 1st computer i ever had was this beast my dad gave me. they called it a "luggable", b/c it had a handle so u could carry it, and it had a bulit in monochrome screen. its WASNT luggable. the best i could manage on it (i was like 7 at the time i think, so i wasnt doing anything fancy) was play some games (tapper is the SHIT!) and some w0rd processing. it ran dos, no idea on anything else.

#22 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:05 PM

mut3, you talked on one rfa ep about it right?? have any idea what company made it??
and what you describe was in a compaq or hp commercial, well, i wanna get a pic, so if you could remember the company it would be great.

hey mut3, is this it??
Posted Image

or one of these??
Posted Image

#23 Tank

Tank

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 11:19 PM

it would have helped me if i had even a program at the time all i could do was get the time
(no dos)just the computer and its built in mem

#24 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:44 PM

My very first computer was an Amiga 500, wich isn't working today (don't know how). I was about 5 years old and we got it very cheap since the owner (family member) was getting himself a super modern computer with a Windows 95 (wow). Anyway I used it a lot till i was about 7½ when I got my 450 mhz, 128 sd ram, 7 gb harddrive, etc. it was a compaq deskpro, and some kind of number wich I can't remember, but they use such one at my library (actually they also have a P4, don't ask me why...).
I still remember me sleeping with my computer at night, and fucking it up twice, since I played a lot of games on it. Anyway the first thing I did was to go to C:\Windows\ and start looking, running every excuteable and so, by that time, I really fell in love with them.

#25 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 06:53 PM

good luck with the knoppix :voteyes:

not to be left out. my first computer experience was an apple II, choplifter ruled on that beast. the first computer i got to program with was the vic 20, typing out a 200 line program and running it without saving only then realizing you forgot the last 5 lines on the back of the instructions, whiping out all of your work = big time fun. :lol:

#26 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:29 PM

My first computer was a 386 *sighs* miss those days of writing 16-bit code
that could be fun to play with people and local computer techs. Damn, then came 32-bit B) and the PE file-format.

Wish you luck with knoppix B)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!