• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PhonizPhreak

PhonizPhreak

H4x0r

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:59 AM

:pissed: Does anybody know anything about PBX-Extender hacking probaly don't even know what they stand for more less than what they are.. Well if you do can you plz. send some numbers or just send in some helpful thingz from not getting caught and shit, Or you can just tell about your hacking PBX/Extender adventures...Thanx

§PhonizPhreak§

#2 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:36 AM

uh just do some 1-800 scanning your bound to find some. then just start cracking ;)

#3 GUEST_seeker115_***

GUEST_seeker115_***
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:07 AM

uh just do some 1-800 scanning your bound to find some. then just start cracking ;)

Just start cracking? Why didn't you tell him/her to take the proper precautions before attempting to crack something?

Rule no. 1:

Unless you want to be doing some hard time, never ever crack any type of system which is located on a WATS line from your home phone line!! Instead, divert to the WATS number via operator or some other source, or use a payphone and crack the system there.

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:35 AM

Here's the TRUE rule number 1... Much as you may not feel like it, It's the most helpful to ONLY do all this stuff from payphones. And yes, certainly op-divert as well. And, don't forget, op-divert is not necessarily a fail-safe concept, which is a big part of the reason I say stick to calling from payphones. I think there may be some sort of equivilent of "trace route" over phone lines, much like with internet connections on computers. Even if I'm wrong, why make things any riskier? From a logiacal standpoint, It's anything but logical. BTW, sometimes on some PBXs, you can only dial out on the admin box (unfortunately). Well, there's at least one corporate voice mail system where this holds true that I know of. Bottom line: NEVER be stupid when doing ANY of this stuff. Always think about your actions before acting.

#5 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:40 PM

heh.... :roll: payphone and opdiverting...hehheh whoops :ninja:

#6 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:49 AM

I would assume that people would *always* do things from payphones! Why in the world would you want to take a risk like trying to crack PBX codes from you home? Thats definately an unneccessary risk.

#7 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:32 AM

Let me tell ya' something, d00d. I've talked to newbies a few times who I tried to emphasize the importance of doing all this shtuff from payphones, and they were all like "Well, I'm not really sure I see the point or need in that. I mean, I don't wanna have to go to some @#$*! payphone every time I wanna scan or phreak". Even after a repeated attempt or 2 at trying to help them understand why, they just simply said something to the effect of "That's just paranoia". And, yeah, I AM a paranoid person, but as someone else here on the board put it so well in the signature one time... "Just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get you". The chronically ignorant and inept will ALWAYS be the first to be caught. Probably for doing something stupid and small-time as well. It's those that go through life trying to exercise a bit of common sense that stand a fighting chance. And, I don't mean just in hacking/phreaking, but in life in general. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it all out. Just someone who's willing to think a little.

#8 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:39 AM

True true. Its weird though. Most of the newbie phreaks I have met actually *do* have a brain on their heads. No one here that wants to learn to phreak will do stuff from home.

#9 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:53 AM

I certainly would hope so. (Not for my sake, of course. But, for theirs). Simply put, any person is only as smart as he/she puts forth the effort to be.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!