• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

This friday will be the BR407 meeting (and most other BR meetings). It will start around 5-6 PM and run until the mall closes at 9 PM and then will probably continue on to the traditional Waffle House meal.

rightcoast will be presenting on SSH starting simple and going into some more advanced features/functionality. It sounds like it will have a little something for everyone.

I will be giving a recap of interz0ne and I will (hopefully) be presenting the new video show from the DDP that was released at interz0ne as well. This will be available to the public hopefully this weekend, but BR407 and BR561 attendees will get a sneak peek. ;)

I have lots of freebies this month. Some T-shirts, the new BL411 magazine, and some IZ5 stickers. I also still have some ubuntu CDs for those who didn't get one, or wanted another one.

I would ask everyone who is planning to attend to start thinking about some projects that they would like to work on or see done. Just ideas and brainstorming is fine at this point, so we can see what kind of things we can do as a group, or as smaller teams. We have a lot of varied talented people at our meetings, so we should use that skill to be producers, not consumers.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

<homer>mmmm...waffle house....</homer>

#2 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

I was actually going to post on this too tonight. Had a couple more drinks than I thought I would and didn't get back until about a half hour ago. I have a decent size text file to be released there I did on SSH covering everything from basic usage, scp, sftp etc, to hardening the default install then moving into cooler stuff like remote backups and compression using tar and rsync along with Bash piping and executing commands remotely. I also have a presentation file. It was originally for a LUG meeting, so it isn't really hack-centric, but I made it to be pretty informative and comprehensive and the hardening section has some good tips and iptables rules. The new DDP video sounds very cool. Be there or be ^2. :P

#3 xBiTReaVeRx

xBiTReaVeRx

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

sounds good, ill be there.

#4 Fubster

Fubster

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:33 AM

My car broke down, so unfortunately I won't be there this time around...

#5 xBiTReaVeRx

xBiTReaVeRx

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

sounds good, ill be there.

View Post

i flaked, long week at work and the couch just called my name.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!