• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:12 PM

I voted today! I hope everyone else did as well!

at least those who were eligible. ;)

#2 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:32 PM

Just got done.

It's good to get our voices heard. It sucks when we're heard and ignored though.

#3 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:43 PM

Voted for what exectly?

#4 kleptic

kleptic

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:12 PM

mid-term elections. they really don't matter since everyone who is already in office usually stays in office. but regardless .. i voted. :wacko:

#5 Evo_Tech

Evo_Tech

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 08:10 PM

Ahhh.... as did I. Just got back as a matter of fact.

I actually needed to vote for my congressman Mr. Shuster. He (or rather, his OFFICE) was quite responsive on the several occasion I wrote to them this year. And hell, his office even debated with me on Howard Berman's P2P bill across six e-mails. You have to vote for people who are at least willing to discuss things with the voters.

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 08:48 PM

:usa: AMEN to that. that shows that they are paying attention and willing to listen. The odds are very likely that they may have been misinformed about the issues and your ideas and comments may help them to see the light.

I had a rant on a mailing list this week about partisan voting that pissed me off to no end. Anyone who blindly votes for one party contributed to incumbants staying in office. I vote mostly for my party, but not blindly! I have freedom of choice and can make my own decisions on who/what I want to vote for. People who simply vote an all party ticket disgust me. This is what partisan government is all about and why we have such problems getting laws passed.

:flameon:

Personally, I never vote for incumbant judges. Being a lifetime judge with that kind of power is just curruption waiting to happen. With our justice system at an all-time low point, I voted to NOT keep any incumbant judges, and I do that every year. This is just my opinion, however, and some may not agree.

:nubie:

DISCLAIMER: all of this is my personal opinion. If you don't like it, you have that right! That is what makes this country great! you can disagree! I will respect your opinion if you disagree on principle and not simply because of partisan politics. I am sure I am in the minority as far as hackers go and their voting tendencies... :mumble:

#7 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:36 AM

I was very pleased with the voter turnout up here in new england - record highs, probably from the HUGE amounts of ads (mostly pretty dirty) they kept showing on tv and on the radio. (I wasn't really pleased with the outcome here in MA but that's another story...)

glad to see other people exercised their right as well :D

#8 paracord

paracord

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:56 AM

Those frickin ads were nonstop here. Most of em were the "This canidate voted to raise his pay 4 times over the past 6 years! is that the kind of person you want to be running your goverment????":huh: I don't want either of the canidates [R] [D] running my goverment but that's basically the choices, every other party is treated like a joke.

And no I didn't vote, various reasons i suppose but mainly is neither one supported anything i care about. Well obviousley certian base issues i would support but other that that most of em seem like clones, either with a big [R] or [D] stamped on thier forehead. An example of that would be the president had a few commercials playing here giving his support for various people, and that's fine if he actually supported them out of personal beliefs but they were all just [R]epublicans end of story. Were they the best people for the state no not really but since they had the mark of the all mighty [R] he supported them so he could have majority and pass all the shit he wants for whatever reasons he may have. So fuck it, corrupt as can be nonsense.

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:51 PM

curruption sux.

and the mudslinging here was a little rough also. One candidate posted the other candidates home phone number telling voters to "call and ask" why she did such-and-such. That was downright rude and uncalled for.

#10 holy_handgrenade

holy_handgrenade

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 07:55 PM

Posting on my laptop, seems konqueror isnt letting the login cookie work or something.

Election stuff got rather dirty here in AZ, but nothing as low as posting candidates phone numbers.

We still dont know for sure who our govenor is yet though. And for yet a 3rd time, the voters passed medicinal marijuana. Are we done voting on this yet?

#11 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:06 PM

i was going to but i became very lazy i mean really lazy and i sat on my ass and played vice city all night. Then i got pretty fucked up and well that was that.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!